Types of Jacks Suitable to Stabilize Equipment Trailer During Loading


I am looking for a way to install a -leg assembly to the rear of a equipment trailer. I dont necessarily want a jack but was thinking just having a pull-pin with a leg. Is there tubing, round or square that I could do that with? Its to support rear of trailer while loading. One on each side.


Expert Reply:

We have various jack and stabilizer products that you can consider for addition to the rear of your equipment trailer to support it during loading processes. I linked our main page for such items so you can see all we offer.

If you want a low-cost and lightweight option that does not require permanent installation you might look at the Ultra-Fab Stackable Stabilizers # UF48-979003 (a set of 2) or the 4-piece set # UF48-979004. These offer 17-inches of lift and the 4-piece set weighs only about 7-lbs.

For an installed option a set of scissor jacks # UF48-979002 (bolt-on or weld-on) or weld-on Drop Leg stabilizers # SJ-R208 (sold as a single jack) are available.

On the linked page you can click on the weight capacity you need from the jacks and also on the type of installation you prefer, weld-on or bolt-on, to narrow the items shown to just those with the characteristics you prefer. You might also refer to the linked article on jacks.

expert reply by:
Adam R

Products Referenced in This Question

Product Page this Question was Asked From

Follow up Questions

Similar Expert Q&A Pages

See More Q&A Expert Answers >>