Explore Expert Info
Explore Expert Info
- Curt vs. Draw-Tite Trailer Hitch Comparison for a 2016 Subaru Outback Wagon
The Class II Curt Hitch #C12136 and Class II Draw-Tite Hitch #36493 for your 2016 Subaru Outback Wagon are very similar, but every Class I and Class II and some Class III Curt Hitches require stabilizing straps to be used when towing non trailer… view full answer...
- What is the Difference Between a 4-Way and 7-Way Trailer Connector
A 4-Way trailer connector has the basic lighting functions only; running lights, left turn signal and brake lights, right turn signal and brake lights, and ground. A 7-Way has these functions and a 12 volt circuit, a circuit for electric trailer… view full answer...
- 7-Way RV Trailer Connector Wiring Diagram
When wiring a trailer connector, it is best to wire by function, as wire colors can vary. We have an excellent wiring diagram on our website, I will provide you a link so you can look at it. If you are looking at the inside of the trailer connector… view full answer...
- Comparing the Brake Buddy Classic 3 and Brake Buddy Select 3 Supplemental Brake Systems
Great question! The Brake Buddy Classic 3 #HM39494 is a more basic system than the Brake Buddy Select 3 #HM39524 as the Classic just uses preset braking (which applies the brakes at a preset intensity when the inertia sensor detects deceleration)… view full answer...
- How To Connect 4-Way Flat Vehicle Connector To 7-Way on Trailer
To connect your vehicle that has a 4-Way flat connector to your trailer that has a 7-Way connector, you will need to install a 7-Way on the rear of your vehicle. If you just want or need the tail light functions to operate on your trailer you will… view full answer...
- How To Determine the Weight Capacity For a Trailer Axle
The trailer will have a plate or sticker on it that will list the VIN number. The weight rating of the axle should be listed on that same plate or sticker. Also, the axle could have a tag or plate on it that will list the weight capacity. You can… view full answer...
- Comparing Blue Ox Patriot and Roadmaster Even Brake Towed Car Braking Systems
The main difference between the Blue Ox Patriot and the Roadmaster Even Brake systems is that the Roadmaster #RM-9400 uses compressed air to actuate the brakes in the towed vehicle, while the Blue Ox Patriot II uses an electrically-operated actuator… view full answer...
- What is the Difference Between a Time Delay Brake Controller and a Proportional Brake Controller
The Tekonsha PowerTrac brake controller #39523 is a time delay brake controller. The other type of controller is a proportional controller. A time delay controller is so named because there is a delay between the time that you initially apply the… view full answer...
- Lighting and Wiring Options for Flat-Towing a Jeep Wrangler Behind a Motor Home
What you need is a light kit specifically for flat-towing. The Plug-N-Tow TM Vehicle Wiring Harness, #42615, would be if the Jeep were towing a trailer and not for activating its lights while it is being towed. There are a few options for lighting… view full answer...
- Equipment Needed For Flat Towing Vehicle Behind Motor Home
To flat tow a vehicle, you'll need a hitch on the motor home, a towbar, a base plate kit installed on the tow vehicle, a tow bar wiring kit so that the taillights on the vehicle work along with those on the motor home, safety cables and a… view full answer...
- Parts Needed to Flat Tow 2019 Chevy Colorado Z71
We do have the parts needed to flat tow a 2019 Chevy Colorado 4x4 as long as it doesn't have adaptive cruise control. For that you'd want the #RM-523182-5 that you referenced as long as your Z71 isn't a Trail Boss model. I attached a link… view full answer...