Explore Expert Info
Explore Expert Info
- What is the Difference Between a 4-Way and 7-Way Trailer Connector
A 4-Way trailer connector has the basic lighting functions only; running lights, left turn signal and brake lights, right turn signal and brake lights, and ground. A 7-Way has these functions and a 12 volt circuit, a circuit for electric trailer… view full answer...
- What is the Difference Between a Class II and a Class III Hitch?
The difference between the Class II and Class III hitches has to do with their Gross Trailer Weight (GTW), their Tongue Weight (TW), and their Hitch Receiver Size. Class II trailer hitch receivers have a 1-1/4 inch receiver and can be rated up to… view full answer...
- Do I Have to Have a Sliding 5th Wheel Hitch in a Short Bed Truck
You do not have to use a sliding 5th wheel hitch in a short bed truck. In many cases, truck beds shorter than 8 ft do not have enough clearance between the trailer and truck to execute sharp turns. This is why sliding hitches were invented. Due to… view full answer...
- How to Determine Correct Ball Mount Rise or Drop for Towing a Trailer with a 17 Inch Coupler Height
Normally trailer coupler height is around 17 inches, from the ground to the bottom of the coupler, and most hitch manufacturers design their hitches to work with a ball mount that will end up very close to this measurement. I am including a link to… view full answer...
- Blue Ox Patriot 3 and 2 Comparison
The difference between the Patriot 2 #BRK2016 and the Patriot 3 part #BRK2019 is the the Patriot 3 continuously checks the brake pressure initially to make sure the unit is setup properly. view full answer...
- Parts Needed to Flat Tow 2020 Jeep Wrangler With Factory Bumper
We have all of the parts you need to flat tow your 2020 Jeep Wrangler, and while it may seem like a lot of parts, it's actually just four basic components - base plates on the Jeep, a tow bar to connect the Jeep to your motorhome, wiring to power… view full answer...
- Lighting and Wiring Options for Flat-Towing a Jeep Wrangler Behind a Motor Home
What you need is a light kit specifically for flat-towing. The Plug-N-Tow TM Vehicle Wiring Harness, #42615, would be if the Jeep were towing a trailer and not for activating its lights while it is being towed. There are a few options for lighting… view full answer...
- Curt vs. Draw-Tite Trailer Hitch Comparison for a 2016 Subaru Outback Wagon
The Class II Curt Hitch #C12136 and Class II Draw-Tite Hitch #36493 for your 2016 Subaru Outback Wagon are very similar, but every Class I and Class II and some Class III Curt Hitches require stabilizing straps to be used when towing non trailer… view full answer...
- Will Fixed Fifth Wheel Hitch Fit Factory Pucks of Short Bed 2020 Chevy Silverado 2500
Yes, you can use a fixed fifth wheel hitch in the pucks of your short bed 2020 Chevy Silverado 2500. I checked with B&W, the manufacturers of the outstanding B&W Companion hitches, and found out the puck spacing of the Sliding B&W… view full answer...
- How to Install Battery Charge Line Kit on 2018 Chevy Equinox While Using Blue Ox Patriot II
While I can't give you a definitive answer as to how your shop chose to wire in the 12V accessory plug on the dash of your 2018 Chevy Equinox, I can say that it is highly unlikely that it's wired up to the 12V center pin on your 6-Pole… view full answer...
- Blue Ox Baseplate Kit to Flat Tow a 2020 Jeep Gladiator
Blue Ox does have a base plate kit that fits your 2020 Jeep Gladiator, it's part #BX1142. It fits regardless of which model Gladiator you have. It sounds like you probably already have a tow bar. If you don't have safety cables use #RM-643… view full answer...