Explore Expert Info
Explore Expert Info
- What is the Difference Between a Class II and a Class III Hitch?
The difference between the Class II and Class III hitches has to do with their Gross Trailer Weight (GTW), their Tongue Weight (TW), and their Hitch Receiver Size. Class II trailer hitch receivers have a 1-1/4 inch receiver and can be rated up to… view full answer...
- What is the Difference Between a 4-Way and 7-Way Trailer Connector
A 4-Way trailer connector has the basic lighting functions only; running lights, left turn signal and brake lights, right turn signal and brake lights, and ground. A 7-Way has these functions and a 12 volt circuit, a circuit for electric trailer… view full answer...
- Blue Ox Patriot 3 and 2 Comparison
The difference between the Patriot 2 #BRK2016 and the Patriot 3 part #BRK2019 is the the Patriot 3 continuously checks the brake pressure initially to make sure the unit is setup properly. view full answer...
- Curt vs. Draw-Tite Trailer Hitch Comparison for a 2016 Subaru Outback Wagon
The Class II Curt Hitch #C12136 and Class II Draw-Tite Hitch #36493 for your 2016 Subaru Outback Wagon are very similar, but every Class I and Class II and some Class III Curt Hitches require stabilizing straps to be used when towing non trailer… view full answer...
- Do I Have to Have a Sliding 5th Wheel Hitch in a Short Bed Truck
You do not have to use a sliding 5th wheel hitch in a short bed truck. In many cases, truck beds shorter than 8 ft do not have enough clearance between the trailer and truck to execute sharp turns. This is why sliding hitches were invented. Due to… view full answer...
- Lighting and Wiring Options for Flat-Towing a Jeep Wrangler Behind a Motor Home
What you need is a light kit specifically for flat-towing. The Plug-N-Tow TM Vehicle Wiring Harness, #42615, would be if the Jeep were towing a trailer and not for activating its lights while it is being towed. There are a few options for lighting… view full answer...
- Convert-A-Ball Gooseneck Fifth Wheel Adapter Pin Box and Fifth Wheel Trailer Compatibility
The Convert-A-Ball 5th-Wheel-to-Gooseneck Adapter #CAB-C5G will work with your 2008 Gulfstream Canyon Trail and OEM 1621 pin box set up as long as you don't have the Elite Series or an OEM under bed gooseneck hitch in your tow vehicle. Make sure… view full answer...
- How to Determine Correct Ball Mount Rise or Drop for Towing a Trailer with a 17 Inch Coupler Height
Normally trailer coupler height is around 17 inches, from the ground to the bottom of the coupler, and most hitch manufacturers design their hitches to work with a ball mount that will end up very close to this measurement. I am including a link to… view full answer...
- Best Air Bag Kit for a 2020 Ford F-250 Super Duty
The best air bag kit for your 2020 Ford F-250 Super Duty with a single rear wheel are the Firestone Ride-Rite Air Helper Springs because they are the strongest, most durable air bags on the market to provide you with optimal support for your… view full answer...
- Recommended Gooseneck Hitch Ball Kit for 2020 Ford F-350 with Factory Puck System
I recommend using the B&W Ball and Safety Chain Kit #BWGNXA2061 for the factory puck system on your 2020 Ford F-350 Super Duty. I like this kit of the Curt #C60692 and Reese #RP30137 options because it uses a handle to secure the gooseneck hitch… view full answer...
- Trailer Hitch Extension for Use Behind a Truck Bed Camper
I have two options that will allow for you to extend the connection point between your truck and trailer. The best option for you will depending on the gross trailer weight (GTW) and tongue weight (TW) of your trailer. As long as the GTW and TW of… view full answer...