Explore Expert Info
Explore Expert Info
- What is the Difference Between Load Range C and D ST175/80D13 Trailer Tires
The difference between an load range C and load range D tire in the same size is the capacity and psi rating. The two tires will still have the same dimensions and fit on the same wheel. The D rated tire has a higher capacity. For a ST175/80D13 like… view full answer...
- Curt vs. Draw-Tite Trailer Hitch Comparison for a 2016 Subaru Outback Wagon
The Class II Curt Hitch #C12136 and Class II Draw-Tite Hitch #36493 for your 2016 Subaru Outback Wagon are very similar, but every Class I and Class II and some Class III Curt Hitches require stabilizing straps to be used when towing non trailer… view full answer...
- What is the Difference Between a 4-Way and 7-Way Trailer Connector
A 4-Way trailer connector has the basic lighting functions only; running lights, left turn signal and brake lights, right turn signal and brake lights, and ground. A 7-Way has these functions and a 12 volt circuit, a circuit for electric trailer… view full answer...
- How to Determine Correct Ball Mount Rise or Drop for Towing a Trailer with a 17 Inch Coupler Height
Normally trailer coupler height is around 17 inches, from the ground to the bottom of the coupler, and most hitch manufacturers design their hitches to work with a ball mount that will end up very close to this measurement. I am including a link to… view full answer...
- Comparing Radial Trailer Tires and Bias Ply Trailer Tires
We actually have an FAQ article on trailer tires, part of which covers bias ply tires versus radial tires. I have posted the section below and I have also included a link to the whole FAQ article for you. The main difference between a radial ply and… view full answer...
- Lighting and Wiring Options for Flat-Towing a Jeep Wrangler Behind a Motor Home
What you need is a light kit specifically for flat-towing. The Plug-N-Tow TM Vehicle Wiring Harness, #42615, would be if the Jeep were towing a trailer and not for activating its lights while it is being towed. There are a few options for lighting… view full answer...
- Recommended 5th Wheel Hitch for 2019 Ford F-350 with Factory Prep Package
Congratulations on your new truck! For your 2019 Ford F-350 that is equipped with the factory prep package I highly recommend the B&W OEM Companion 5th Wheel Hitch #BWRVK3305. The Companion series hitches are considered by many to be the best on… view full answer...
- Comparing the Brake Buddy Classic 3 and Brake Buddy Select 3 Supplemental Brake Systems
Great question! The Brake Buddy Classic 3 #HM39494 is a more basic system than the Brake Buddy Select 3 #HM39524 as the Classic just uses preset braking (which applies the brakes at a preset intensity when the inertia sensor detects deceleration)… view full answer...
- What Is Difference Between Curt Q20 and A20 Fifth Wheel Hitch
There are differences between the Curt A20 #C16541 and Curt Q20 #C16536. The two largest differences is the limited warranty on the Q20 is 10 years for the hitch and lifetime for the legs while the A20 is a limited lifetime warranty. Also, the Q20… view full answer...
- How To Connect 4-Way Flat Vehicle Connector To 7-Way on Trailer
To connect your vehicle that has a 4-Way flat connector to your trailer that has a 7-Way connector, you will need to install a 7-Way on the rear of your vehicle. If you just want or need the tail light functions to operate on your trailer you will… view full answer...
- Recommended ST225/75R15 Trailer Tires for 31-Ft 5th Wheel to Avoid Tire Blowouts
A trailer tire's worst enemy is heat. Excessive heat will weaken a tire and lead to its premature failure. The most common causes for a trailer tire to overheat are overloading it beyond its rated weight capacity and incorrect inflation pressure.… view full answer...