Explore Expert Info
Explore Expert Info
- Blue Ox Patriot 3 and 2 Comparison
The difference between the Patriot 2 #BRK2016 and the Patriot 3 part #BRK2019 is the the Patriot 3 continuously checks the brake pressure initially to make sure the unit is setup properly. view full answer...
- Lighting and Wiring Options for Flat-Towing a Jeep Wrangler Behind a Motor Home
What you need is a light kit specifically for flat-towing. The Plug-N-Tow TM Vehicle Wiring Harness, #42615, would be if the Jeep were towing a trailer and not for activating its lights while it is being towed. There are a few options for lighting… view full answer...
- What is the Difference Between a 4-Way and 7-Way Trailer Connector
A 4-Way trailer connector has the basic lighting functions only; running lights, left turn signal and brake lights, right turn signal and brake lights, and ground. A 7-Way has these functions and a 12 volt circuit, a circuit for electric trailer… view full answer...
- Curt vs. Draw-Tite Trailer Hitch Comparison for a 2016 Subaru Outback Wagon
The Class II Curt Hitch #C12136 and Class II Draw-Tite Hitch #36493 for your 2016 Subaru Outback Wagon are very similar, but every Class I and Class II and some Class III Curt Hitches require stabilizing straps to be used when towing non trailer… view full answer...
- What is the Difference Between Load Range C and D ST175/80D13 Trailer Tires
The difference between an load range C and load range D tire in the same size is the capacity and psi rating. The two tires will still have the same dimensions and fit on the same wheel. The D rated tire has a higher capacity. For a ST175/80D13 like… view full answer...
- What is the Difference Between a Class II and a Class III Hitch?
The difference between the Class II and Class III hitches has to do with their Gross Trailer Weight (GTW), their Tongue Weight (TW), and their Hitch Receiver Size. Class II trailer hitch receivers have a 1-1/4 inch receiver and can be rated up to… view full answer...
- How to Determine Correct Ball Mount Rise or Drop for Towing a Trailer with a 17 Inch Coupler Height
Normally trailer coupler height is around 17 inches, from the ground to the bottom of the coupler, and most hitch manufacturers design their hitches to work with a ball mount that will end up very close to this measurement. I am including a link to… view full answer...
- How to Reduce Play and Rattle in Demco Recon Gooseneck-to-5th Wheel Trailer Hitch Adapter
The only cause for the start/stop noise that I can think of is that the bolt shown in the linked photo has not been tightened down properly. This would explain the small amount of play. Please refer to the linked instructions for details. Demco makes… view full answer...
- Options for a Rear Trailer Receiver Hitch on a 5th Wheel Trailer
We have several different options of trailer hitches that are designed to fit the rear of a travel or 5th wheel trailer. However, the hitch that you have pictured will not function on your Prowler 5th wheel trailer. This hitch looks to be a specific… view full answer...
- How To Connect 4-Way Flat Vehicle Connector To 7-Way on Trailer
To connect your vehicle that has a 4-Way flat connector to your trailer that has a 7-Way connector, you will need to install a 7-Way on the rear of your vehicle. If you just want or need the tail light functions to operate on your trailer you will… view full answer...
- Comparing Radial Trailer Tires and Bias Ply Trailer Tires
We actually have an FAQ article on trailer tires, part of which covers bias ply tires versus radial tires. I have posted the section below and I have also included a link to the whole FAQ article for you. The main difference between a radial ply and… view full answer...