bing tracking image
Q & A Icon

Recommended Articulating Coupler and Hitch for Taking 12 Foot Teardrop Camper Off Road  


Hello, I am want to buy a articulating hitch and am not sure which is my better option. I have a Colorado and a 12 ft tear I take off road all the time and am looking for a better hitch system . Can you tell which of your hitches you would suggest . Thanks


Expert Reply:

For an articulating coupler and hitch for your tear camper I recommend using the Lock 'N' Roll System. The Lock 'N' Roll has 3 axis of direction allowing it to move up and down, side to side, and rotate 360 degrees. It also has a more secure connection when compared to a traditional hitch ball. In order to make this work you will need the trailer-side coupler and the vehicle-side hitch.

The correct coupler will depend on the tongue of your trailer. For the Lock N Roll Articulating Channel Tongue Trailer Coupler with a 2" channel you need the # 336TS528. If you need the 2-1/2" channel the correct part is the # 336TS506, and for the 3" channel it is the # 336TS508.

You will also need the Lock N Roll Articulating Trailer Hitch for 2" Receivers - Vehicle Side - 11,000 lbs # 336VS501 for your vehicle. There are also other options available for the hitch if you need a different rise or drop. I recommend measuring to make sure you choose whatever will work best for your particular setup.

I have attached some video reviews along with a link to all of the Lock N Roll Articulating Trailer Hitches that you can check out. I also included a link to a helpful article on how to measure for trailer hitch drop for your reference.

expert reply by:
Robin H

Products Referenced in This Question

Product Page this Question was Asked From

Q & A Icon

Continue Researching

See More Q&A Expert Answers >>