bing tracking image
Q & A Icon

Replacement Double Waste Valve For A 2006 Four Winds Class C Motorhome  


Would the T18A be the correct replacement valve for my 2006 Four Winds RV? Also what other items are recommended for installing the new valve?


Expert Reply:

The Double RV Waste Valves # T18A has a 1-1/2" spigot so you'd have to also pick up a coupling # 344633001 in order to attach it to the existing pipe. Instead I recommend the Double RV Waste Valves # T18, which comes with hub fittings so you can easily slide the existing pipes into the hubs and won't need another adapter fitting.

With how your setup looks you'll most likely need to cut the 3" pipe back just a bit to fit a new double waste valve in place correctly but you'll want to be careful that you don't cut too much. Hold the # T18 up so that it's in line with the 1-1/2" pipe and mark your 3" pipe so that it will extend to the end of the hub fitting and then do the same thing with the 3" pipe to get the marking for the 1-1/2" pipe. Dry fit everything together and to ensure you're good to go and then you can take it back apart and use some abs cement # A05-0303 to secure the parts together.

expert reply by:
Kevin C
Plumbing Setup
Plumbing Setup
(click to enlarge)

Products Referenced in This Question

Product Page this Question was Asked From

Q & A Icon

Continue Researching

See More Q&A Expert Answers >>