bing tracking image
Q & A Icon

Replacement SpeedKnob And Anti-Rattle Wedge Assembly For Yakima RidgeBack 4 Bike Rack


I have lost a small piece to my yakima ridgeback 4. It is the small piece that fits in the trailer hitch. It is the smaller square piece that the threaded rod goes through to tighten the bike rack in the hitch. I am wondering where I can purchase this part.


Expert Reply:

It sounds like you are looking for the Replacement SpeedKnob and Wedge Assembly for Yakima Bike Racks # 8880508 which includes the the anti-rattle wedge that goes inside of your Yakima RidgeBack 4 Bike Rack # Y02458 and is what the threaded rod on the SpeedKnob goes through to tighten the rack to your trailer hitch receiver.

If you are also missing the piece the wedge mounts to, you will need the replacement 2" shank adapter # 8890298 if your rack was manufactured before November 2015, or # 8880612 if your rack was manufactured after November 2015.

To determine which is correct for your rack you will need to measure the mounting hole on your rack. If the mounting hole is 6-7mm you will need the older # 8890298, and if your mounting hole measures 8-9mm you will need the newer # 8880612.

I included a video of the # 888058 being installed in a Yakima RidgeBack for you to take a look at.

expert reply by:
Samuel C

Products Referenced in This Question

Product Page this Question was Asked From

Q & A Icon

Similar Expert Q&A Pages

See More Q&A Expert Answers >>