How To Get Proper Ball Height When Setting Up WDH On 2012 Nissan Armada
Trying to determine proper ball height. 2012 Nissan Armada Platinum vs. 2020 CrossRoads Sunset Trail Super Lite 331BH. Vehicle tends to squat.
asked by: Jason
Helpful Expert Reply:
It sounds like you are trying to setup a weight distribution system. If that is the case then you'll need to first level the trailer and measure from the ground to the bottom of the trailer coupler. Then, measure from the ground to the top inside edge of the trailer hitch opening on the vehicle. The difference should be the amount of rise/drop you need for the shank and where to position the head. I am certain this is further explained in the owner's manual for the system. If you still have squat apply more tension to the spring bars or look into supplemental options such as the Firestone Coil-Rite Air Helper Springs part # F4150.
Featured Help Information
- Q&A: Dimension of the Firestone Coil-Rite Air Helper Springs Part # F4150
- Shop: Firestone Coil-Rite Air Helper Springs - Rear Axle
- Shop: Suspension Enhancement
- Q&A: Is The Redarc Tow-Pro Elite Trailer Brake Controller RED44FR Reliable?
- Q&A: Location of Brake Controller Install Plug on a 2017 Nissan Armada
- Q&A: Recommended Air Bags for a 2017 Nissan Armada
- Q&A: Weight Distribution Used With Auto-Level Rear Suspension on 2018 Nissan Armada
- Q&A: Recommended Rear Hitch To Carry Bike Rack with COACHMEN RV APEX NANO 193BHS
- Q&A: Does the Curt Echo Wireless Brake Controller Have to Be Facing the Direction of Travel?
- Article: Rooftop Cargo Carriers
- Article: How to Carry Bikes While Towing a Travel Trailer
- Article: Best Vehicles to Flat Tow Behind an RV
- Article: Best Air Bag Suspension (2023)
- Article: How to Measure the Bolt Pattern of a Trailer Wheel
- Article: Gooseneck to 5th Wheel Adapters
- Article: Trailer Wiring Diagrams