Towing a Trailer with 7-Way RV Style Connector with a Semi-Truck with a Semi Style 7-Way


I have a semi truck 7 pole round male do yall have an adapter to plug in to my gooseneck trailer which is 7 blade or would I have to change my trailer to 7 round female


Expert Reply:

The 7-Way on a semi-truck is not the same as an RV style 7-Way and there isn't an adapter. What I recommend, instead of replacing the connector on the trailer, is to add the correct mating 7-Way on the truck.

To do that you can hardwire in a 7-Way, # HM47210. For this 7-Way the white wire is ground, yellow is left turn signal and brake lights, green is right turn signal and brake lights, brown is the tail light wire, red is auxiliary power, blue is output to electric brakes, and purple is reverse lights.

If the turn signals and brake lights are not combined on the same circuits then instead of HM47210 you will need a version that has a converter to combine the turn signals and brake lights # 22550.

expert reply by:
Michael H

Products Referenced in This Question

Product Page this Question was Asked From

Follow up Questions

Similar Expert Q&A Pages

See More Q&A Expert Answers >>