bing tracking image
Q & A Icon

How to Determine Which Trailer Roof Vent Cover will Fit a Trailer


I am trying to figure out which vent cover replacement I need for an 2001 cub series trailer by Thor industries. Thanks


Expert Reply:

In order to determine the correct roof vent, measure where the vent opens. The standard trailer roof vent opening is roughly 14-1/4" x 14-1/4" and have roof vents that measure 14" x 14".

To pick the correct cover, you will also need to know the type of hinge you need.

There is a 3 point hinge, such as the one on the Camco # CAM40153; a 4 point hinge as seen on the Camco # CAM40154; or a rolled metal continuous hinge like on the Ventline # BVD0449-A03; and universal hinge as shown on the MaxxAir # MA00-335001.

Basically the easiest way to select the correct replacement cover is to remove the existing cover and match the hinge and lift bracket to the photos on our site along with the dimensions. A link to all of the replacement vent covers is provided to match up with your cover.

If it is not clear which hinge style that you have, the MaxxAir above is a Universal Replacement Lid.

In the event that you don't find a lid you like, I also included a link to our main page for our complete 14 x 14-inch vent assemblies. These are offered in manual or powered lift and with or without fans. If you install a complete new vent you'll need an installation kit, either # 344270KITW for a metal or coated metal roof or kit # CAM25013 for a rubberized roof..

click to enlarge
expert reply by:
Jameson C

Products Referenced in This Question

Product Page this Question was Asked From

Follow up Questions

Josh P.
Looking for vent cover for 2006 PACE enclosed trailer but didn't see PACE on the list of manufacturers.
Etrailer Expert
Reply from Les D.

@JoshP Most are not listed, but the article you commented on is exactly how to determine which style vent will work, the you can use the links from there, or you can comment back with the style of vent you have and we can show you some options.

Doug M.
the replacement vent that I purchased appears to be about 1/4 inch short on depth. my roof is about 2 and 3/8 inches thick. is there a way to make it look appropriate on the ceiling?
Etrailer Expert
Reply from Jon G.

If the garnish on the inside isn't tall (or deep) enough then you can get one of the garnishes on the linked page. I don't know which one you have so you'll just want to get the same brand that you have with the appropriate depth.

Mike H.
Are there rv vent covers that are better, meaning they last longer some that maybe less expensive?
Etrailer Expert
Reply from Chris R.

Replacement vent covers are pretty standard across the board - there isn't generally a premium and economy option. If you can tell me what hinge type you have on your vent I will be happy to make a specific recommendation.

Q & A Icon

Similar Expert Q&A Pages

See More Q&A Expert Answers >>