bing tracking image
Q & A Icon

Using Hitch Reducer # HT02 to Use Thule Parkway # TH958 in 2 Inch Receiver  


Hi, i got a new car and i want to reuse my old bike carrier. My old car had a 1 1/4inch hitch receiver. My new car has a 2inch hitch receiver. i have a THule Parkway BIke Carrier from about 2008. Do I have to buy a whole new bike carrier?


Expert Reply:

To use your existing Thule Parkway bike rack in a 2 inch hitch, rather than replacing the shank assembly of your rack, I'd recommend using a reducer sleeve like part # HT02. The sleeve would be installed into your existing 2 inch receiver, and the bike rack installed into the sleeve. You can secure the bike rack to the sleeve by using the hitch bolt that came with the rack.

expert reply by:
Mike L

Product Page this Question was Asked From

Q & A Icon

Continue Researching

See More Q&A Expert Answers >>