bing tracking image
Q & A Icon

Upgraded Replacement Pin Recommendation for Curt Friction Sway Control # 17200


I have lost one of my pins while towing. This is concerning in the extreme and a worry I had from beginning about these pins. Do you have a recommendation of a better replacement that could lock on a little better? Or is a trip to Lowes or Ace my best bet for just a cotter pin that pinches on good?


Expert Reply:

For a replacement pin for the Curt Friction Sway Control part # 17200 you can use our part number # 55515. This would be a step up from what came with your kit as it has two indentions that the pin would have to overcome to fall off unlike what came with the # 17200 which only had one. If you wanted a twist style from your local hardware store that would work well too.

expert reply by:
Jameson C

Products Referenced in This Question

Product Page this Question was Asked From

Q & A Icon

Similar Expert Q&A Pages

See More Q&A Expert Answers >>