How to Adjust the Height of a 5th Wheel Trailer Pin Box
How do I safely adjust the pin height?
asked by: Curt
When adjusting the height of a pin box such as # LC1191191 it is important to support the pin box when removing the bolts. I recommend 2 or 3 buddies to give you a hand and make sure no one is beneath the pin box while raising or lowering it.
With the pin box supported unbolt it, raise or lower it as needed, and then put the bolts back in and tighten them down. According to Lippert use the following torque specs:
Torque 1/2” bolts a minimum of 110 ft-lb.
Torque 5/8” bolts a minimum of 160 ft-lb.
Torque 3/4” bolts a minimum of 210 ft-lb.
Your answer has been submitted!
Similar Expert Q&A Pages
- Adjustment of the B&W Companion's Pivot Arms
- Lubricating and Preventing Rust on 5th Wheel Hitch and Pin Box
- Lippert 1621 Pin Box Torque for Install Bolts
- How To Find Replacement Pin Box for Keystone 5th Wheel Trailer
- Does Reese Goose Box Move Trailer Closer to Truck
- How To Identify A Pin Box With No Identifying Tag Numbers
- Ideal Clearance Between Truck Bed Rails and 5th Wheel Trailer Overhang
- When or Why Do I Replace my Lippert 1621 Pin Box
- Replacement For Lippert 1621 Pin Box For 16,000 lb Trailer
- How Much Does a Lippert 1621 Pin Box Weigh
- Replacement Air Ride or Sidewinder Pin Box for Lippert 1621
- Easy Way to Tell Difference Between Lippert 1621 and 1716 Pin Boxes
- How Can I Tell What Pin Box I Have On My 2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS?
- What is the Difference Between the Standard and Air-Ride 5th Wheel King Pin
- Height From Skid Plate of Lippert 1621 5th Wheel Pin Box
- Replacement Pin Box and Brackets for 2005 Forest River Wild Cat
- Is the Lippert 1621 5th Wheel Pin Box part # LC1191191 Certified
- Replacement Pin Box Needed to Tow a 2018 Reflection 337RLS with a PullRite SuperLite
- How To Measure A Pin Box For Replacement
- Torque for Lippert 1621 Pin Box
- Replacement Pin Box for a 2004 Keystone Cougar 5th Wheel
- Fifth Wheel To Gooseneck Hitch Adapter to be Used with Leland Pin Box
- Picking Out Lube Plate for Fifth Wheel Hitch Connected to Lippert 1621 Pin Box
- Is Lippert 1621 Pin Box # LC1191191 Compatible with Pop Up RV5 King Pin Extension Adapter
- Can 5th Wheel Trailer Pin Box Bolts be Installed from the Inside with the Nuts on the Outside
- Reese Sidewinder to Replace Lippert 1621 Pin Box
- Replacing the Rhino Box With Reese Goose Box
- Replacement Pin Box that Offers More Clearance than a Lippert 1621 Pin Box