Cleaning Threaded Holes on a 2011 Kia Sorento to Install a Draw-Tite part # 75684
What can I do to to mount trailer hitch to under carragiage frame do to corrosion to the threads in threads?
asked by: John
This is a fairly common problem when fitting a new trailer hitch on a vehicle that has seen a couple winters. Over time, your vehicles frame, in this case your 2011 Kia Sorento, will attract dirt, salt, road grime, etc. These materials will clog up the bolt holes in your cars frame and harden, causing rust and corrosion.
This is an easy fix with a wire brush such as the Deka Battery Post and Terminal Cleaner # DW00254 and spray lubricant. I have provided a link to our FAQ page on cleaning weld nuts to assist you as well as a link to a video showing you how to properly clean your bolt holes.
Products Referenced in This Question
- Tools for Wiring
- Wire Brush
more information >
Featured Help Information
- Shop: Draw-Tite Max-Frame Trailer Hitch Receiver - Custom Fit - Class III - 2"
- Q&A: Troubleshooting Hard to Thread Install Bolts for a Hitch on a 2012 Kia Sorento
- Q&A: Will Draw-Tite # 75684 Fit on a 2012 Kia Sorento SX with Dual Exhaust on the Passenger Side
- Shop: Trailer Hitch
- Q&A: How To Determine if a 2011 Kia Sorento has the Factory Towing Prep Package
- Article: Towing a Trailer? Let's Talk About Brake Controllers
- Article: Trailer Wiring Diagrams
- Article: How to Measure for Trailer Hitch Drop
- Q&A: Is Drilling Required to Install Draw-Tite Trailer Hitch on 2012 Hyundai Santa Fe
- Q&A: How to Determine if a 2013 Kia Sorento has a Factory Towing Prep Package
- Q&A: How to Tell if 2020 Kia Sorento Has Factory Tow Package
- Q&A: Determining How Large Of a Thule Force XT Roof Box Will Fit on a 2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport?
- Article: How to Choose the Right Trailer Hitch Class
- Article: Brake Controller 7- and 4-Way Installation Kit (ETBC7)
- Article: Best Bike Racks for Electric Bikes
- Article: Brake Controller Installation: Starting from Scratch