bing tracking image
Q & A Icon

Replacement Breakaway Switch for SMI Stay-IN-Play Towed Car Braking System SM99251


Have a Stay-IN-play system on my 2016 Jeep Wrangler. Love the simplicity and ease of it. I am hoping I can find just the square breakaway switch that the breakaway cable from the motorhome attaches to. Its has the thin light colored cable attached to the end of it. Im reading more and more folks are having troubles with having their vehicles messed with when sitting at rest stops, truck stops, and shopping and it seems that anyone looking to cause trouble could reach down and pull that out thus locking up the jeeps brakes. I see a picture of it on your site, but cant seem to come up with a specific number to just get that switch or the plug in.


Expert Reply:

If you needed only the Switch Pin for your SMI Stay-IN-Play Duo supplemental braking system # SM99251 you could use part # SM99905. But for a complete replacement breakaway switch you can use any of the kits we offer, shown on the linked page. Since these all function the same way they are not brand- or system-specific.

Examples of suitable items are # HM20014 and # FA80-00-2040. These and all others are shown on the linked page.

expert reply by:

Products Referenced in This Question

Product Page this Question was Asked From

Q & A Icon

Similar Expert Q&A Pages

See More Q&A Expert Answers >>