How to Select Replacement EZ-Lube Hubs for Diamond Cities Boat Trailer
I have a Diamond Cities boat trailer Model #1542, Gross weight 2000 lbs. Serial # ASTTY63288M120561. It has an EZ lube spindle with a D slot no cotter key plus a grease fitting in the end of the spindle I didnt do a good job of maintaining the bearing assembly. I need a 5 on 4 1/2 2000 lb. hub, bearings seals, D washer, and any other parts plus instructions on how to repair this wheel. The spindle doesnt appear damaged. Will you be able to ensure the correct parts for this trailer with this information? I thank you in advance for what ever help you can give me. This is the first spindle I have ever seen like this. I could have saved myself a lot of worry and money if I had of used it for what it is designed to do.
asked by: David B
Helpful Expert Reply:
We can help you select a new hub that will fit on the existing spindles on your Diamond Cities boat trailer model 1542. So long as you are sure your spindles are not damaged all you need to do is confirm a few details from your original hub. If 2K is your axle's weight rating and you need a 5-on-4-1/2 bolt pattern hub you can click on the linked page to see all E-Z Lube idler hubs and hub/drums rated for this weight and with that bolt pattern. It is best to check the sticker or plate on the axle itself to confirm its weight rating.
The key is choosing a new hub that uses the exact same inner and outer bearing. This matching ensures the new hubs will fit correctly on your spindles. On the page I linked for you simply click on the filters for your inner and outer bearings to find compatible hubs.
You can refer to the linked photo for illustration of the location and appearance of such part numbers. Our hubs such as # AKIHUB-545-2-G-EZ-2K come complete with bearings, races, grease seal, lug nuts and grease cap. This hub uses part # L44649 for both inner and outer bearing.
You can also refer to the three linked articles included to help you with your installation.
Products Referenced in This Question
- Trailer Bearings Races Seals Caps
- Standard Bearings
- 1.063 Inch I.D.
- Bearing L44649
- Race L44610
- 3500 lbs Axle
more information >
Featured Help Information
- Shop: Easy Grease Trailer Idler Hub Assembly for 2K Axles - 5 on 4-1/2 - Galvanized
- Shop: Bearing Kit, L44649 Inner/Outer Bearings, 10-9 Seal
- Shop: Double Lip Grease Seal - ID 1.249" / OD 1.983" - Qty 1
- Article: Replacing the Bearing, Races and Seals on a Trailer Hub
- Search Results: l44610
- Shop: Replacement Trailer Hub Bearing - L44649
- Search Results: 44649
- Shop: BTR E-Z Lube Spindle for 2,000-lb Trailer Axles - 1-1/4" Diameter
- Search Results: 34823
- Search Results: l44649
- Shop: Dexter Trailer Idler Hub Assembly for 2,000-lb Axles - 5 on 4-1/2
- Shop: Hub Bearing Kit for Lippert, Dexter, and AL-KO Axles - 3,500 lb with #84 Spindle
- Video: Fulton Economy Spare Tire Carrier with Lock Review
- Video: CE Smith Spare Tire Carrier Review
- Q&A: How to Determine the Size of a Trailer Hub Assembly for Replacement
- Q&A: Replacement Bearing Solution for DICO Hub 45263
- Q&A: Comparing Chinese Bearings with Bearings Made in the USA
- Search Results: spindle washer
- Video: TryRyde Tang Type Replacement Spindle Washer Review
- Video: Review of TruRyde Trailer Spindles - EZ Lube BTR Spindle - TRU44FR
- Search Results: bt8 spindle
- Search Results: trailer jack cap
- Article: How to Raise Your Travel Trailer Height
- Video: Review of Kenda Tires and Wheels - Tire with Wheel - AM31245
- Q&A: Tire Size Comparison from 175/80D14 Tire to 205/75D14 Trailer Tire
- Q&A: Seal With Dimensions to Replace 171255UC
- Video: Optronics Trailer Lights - Utility Lights - UCL11CKB Review
- Q&A: Correct Replacement for TDE 46210 Trailer Hub
- Q&A: Replacement Spindle Compatible with Tie Down Engineering 46210 Hubs
- Video: Redline Trailer Spindles RG05-100 Review