Recommended Trailer Wiring Replacement For Sea Doo Trailer
I have to replace the harness on my Sea Doo trailer. Attached is the pic of the wires that my dog chewed off. Do I splice the browns together as well as the whites?
asked by: Jared
With two brown wires in your photo it indicates a wishbone harness basically allowing running lights to be sent to each side from the coupler location instead of using a jump wire from one side to the other. This is very common to use with boat and personal watercraft trailers.
It looks like the end of the connection has where the dog chewed the wires and if so, you can simply use the Hopkins Endurance Quick-Fix Replacement 4-Way Flat Trailer Connector w LED Test Lights - Trailer End # HM48192. In this case you will splice the brown wires together and the white wires together if they can't be combined on the pins within the connector. I'd try that first to see if it will allow that fit.
I recommend using the 20 Ft 4-Way Trailer Wiring Harness - Wishbone Style - 30" Ground # A20WB which will give you the two brown running light wires in the molded connection. The single white ground wire can be connected directly to your trailer frame as can any ground wire on your trailer lights.
Your answer has been submitted!
Products Referenced in This Question
- Trailer Wiring
- Trailer Connectors
- Trailer End Connector
- Plug Only
- 4 Flat
more information >
Similar Expert Q&A Pages
- Wishbone 4-way Recommendation
- Replacement 4-Way Flat Trailer Wiring Harness For 10' Trailer
- Replacement Wishbone 4-Way Recommendation for a Trailer
- Will 20 ft. Wishbone 4-Way Trailer Wiring Harness # A20WB work with LED Trailer Taillights
- What is the Wire Gauge Used in Optronics 20-ft. Wishbone 4-Way Trailer Wiring Harness A20WB
- Wire Color for Each Function on 4-Way Trailer Wiring
- 4-Pole to 5-Pole Trailer Wiring Adapter
- Troubleshooting Trailer Stop/Turn Circuit Not Active for 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee
- Recommended Replacement 4-Pole Wishbone Trailer Wiring Harness
- Installation of Trailer Wiring Harness Through Frame or Conduit on 6x12 Trailer
- Wire Gauge and Ground Locations for LED Running Lights on a Trailer
- Needing Lamp Setup for Ice Fishing Shack on Trailer
- Recommended 6 Foot Long Wishbone Wiring Harness for Boat Trailer
- How To Wire a Truck Bed Converted to a Trailer
- Troubleshooting Trailer Lights Where All Functions Don't Work or Are Dim
- How Does Wishbone 4-Way Wire to Trailer's 4-Way Wiring that has 7 Wires
- Why Would Trailer Wiring have Two White and Brown Wires
- Wire Gauge for the Wishbone 4-Way Trailer Wiring Harness, # A20WB
- Troubleshooting No Trailer Brake Light or Turn Signal on Left Side
- Recommendation and Instructions for Trailer Wiring On a Hyundai XG350L
- Do You Have a 4-Way Flat Trailer Connector Which Has 5 Wires For Connecting to Trailer Wiring?
- What Gauge Wire is Used in the Wishbone 4-Way Trailer Wiring Harness, # A20WB
- Can 4-Way with 4 Wires be Used with 4-Way with 5 Wires
- What is the Wire Material Made of on the
- Recommended 4-way Wiring Harness For Installing LED Lights On 18' Trailer
- Does Optronics A20WB Trailer Wiring Harness Use All-Copper Wire
- No Drill Mounting Bracket and 4-Way Trailer Wiring Harness for a 2009 Dodge Grand Caravan
- Replacement 4-Way Flat Wiring Harness for 1959 Hawthorne Trailer.
- Installing a 4-Pole Flat Harness and the 5-Wire Wishbone Harness