bing tracking image

Replacement Automotive Lighting

Custom Fit Vehicle Lights

Whether you need to replace a burned-out bulb or you simply want to upgrade the lighting you already have, we carry a full line of halogen bulbs, LED bulbs, and custom light kits that are up to the task.

Halogen Lights

halogen head light bulb

Halogen bulbs are among the most common type of replacement bulbs for headlight and fog light applications. Because they feature a basic filament design, they can fit almost any vehicle. Unlike traditional tungsten bulbs, halogens are capable of emitting more light at the same wattage or less. As a result, halogen bulbs will:

halogen bulb

Headlamp Applications

Replacing your vehicle's headlamp bulbs is easy. Just determine the bulb type needed by looking either in your owner's manual or on the factory bulb itself. Then the only thing you have to do is choose the color.

ion spark white headlamp bulb

Ion Spark White

nitro blue headlamp bulb

Nitro Blue

mirror white headlamp bulb

Mirror White

jet yellow headlamp bulb

Jet Yellow

LED Bulbs

Light Emitting Diodes or LED bulbs are quickly becoming standard features in a variety of automotive lighting applications. Ideal for use with interior lights, turn signals, reverse lights and accessory lights, LED bulbs are

LED bulb

NOTE: All LED bulbs should be matched color of bulb to color of lens on the vehicle. If lens is clear, any color can be used. For example, a white LED behind a red lens will not be near as bright as a red LED behind a red lens.

LED bulb

LED Replacement Bulbs

You can also replace the individual bulbs of certain lights on your vehicle as opposed to replacing the entire assembly. With replacement LED bulbs you can improve the lighting or simply change the look of interior lights, turn signals, brake and reverse lights.

Note: If you are using LED bulbs in turn-signal applications, you will need to purchase a load-resistor kit to prevent hyperflashing .

LED Light Kits

LED kits are available for a variety of applications. These products are designed to fit specific vehicles - please consult the Fitguide to find the kit that is right for you.

dome lights

Dome Lights

third brake light

Third Brake Lights and Fender Marker Lights

roof lamps

Roof Lamps

strobe light

Accessory Light Kits

Off-Road Use vs. Street Legal

Many aftermarket replacement bulbs - both halogens and LEDs - are listed as being "for off-road use only" because they do not necessarily comply with all the guidelines set forth by the US Department of Transportation. Often, this is because the color of light emitted is not deemed suitable or appropriate for street use. Sometimes it is because extensive testing on the particular type of bulb - halogen, LED, HID - has not yet been conducted with respect to the intended application.

Please see the individual product number to determine DOT compliance.

Questions and Comments about this Article

Karen D.

Noob question: I need to replace the light bar above the door of my horse trailer, the red ID bar. I'm being offered "1-wire" and "2-wire" designs. Without tearing the old one off first (and going without for the week or so), is there any way to know which I need?

Etrailer Expert
Reply from Victoria B.

The only way I can think of is if the wiring is accessible from the inside of the trailer. For a single-function light like you are describing, a 1-wire light would only have a signal/power wire and the light would ground through the mounting hardware. A 2-wire light would have a wire for signal/power as well as a wire for the ground.

Reply from Karen D.

@VictoriaB Thank you, Victoria. I believe it's a 1-wire and have ordered the same.


Can you recommend what king of headlights I can upgrade in my 2005 Fleetwood pace arrow RV

Etrailer Expert
Reply from Jon G.

Are you talking about bulbs or the whole light assembly? If you are wanting new bulbs can you tell me the size of your current bulbs? I don't have access to information that would tell me what your RV uses.

Henry F.

Have 6 volt system in my truck. Looking to install turn signal system and be as discreet as possible. Would love to use 3/4 inch led red lights with grommets. 3 wire units, single and triple diodes. Are there any available for 6 volt? Many thanks!

Etrailer Expert
Reply from Jon G.

I'm not aware of any 6V lights that we carry - pretty much everything we have is for a 12V or 24V system when it comes to lights.

Anthony L.

I am looking into getting one of the popular led tailgate light bars for trucks and have a question. The ones Im looking at have the triple row of lights. Red for running and brake lights, amber for turn signals, and white for reverse lights. These all use the standard 4 way trailer connection. The connection for brake/turn signal is the same. How does the light bar know if the brake pedal was pressed and should light the red lights, or the turn signal was turned on and should light the amber lights?

Etrailer Expert
Reply from Chris R.

There would have to be a converter wired in somewhere on the setup, because as you alluded to - that brake/turn circuit needs to be separated at some point to light up the bar like you described. If you can tell me what specific model light bar you're looking at, I can probably provide a more detailed answer or recommend something else that might be needed.



Sports and Recreation

Trailer Parts


What our customers are saying:

"Nice shopping experience. Good selection and prompt shipment. After I see the products in person, I am sure that I will be back for more. Best, Jim"

Powell, OH

Popular Vehicles