Bike Racks and Bike Accessories
Explore Expert Info
Explore Expert Info
- Q&ABest Bike Rack for Transporting Heavy Electric Bikes without Lifting
We have the perfect bike rack for you. The Thule EasyFold 2 Bike Platform Rack #TH903202 is designed to easily carry heavy electric bikes like yours. It has an easy to use removable ramp that allows your bikes to load easily onto the rack without any… view full answer...
- Q&AWhat is the Difference Between a Class II and a Class III Hitch?
The difference between the Class II and Class III hitches has to do with their Gross Trailer Weight (GTW), their Tongue Weight (TW), and their Hitch Receiver Size. Class II trailer hitch receivers have a 1-1/4 inch receiver and can be rated up to… view full answer...
- Q&ABike Rack Recommendations for a Carbon Fiber Frame and Carbon Wheel Bike
There are many options for carrying a bike with a carbon fiber frame but the Thule Doubletrack Platform Bike Rack is not recommended as it uses the frame to secure the bike to the rack. Your best option would be a platform style bike rack that holds… view full answer...
- Q&AWhat is the Difference Between Class 1 and Class 2 Hitches for the Scion XB
Class I and Class II hitches both have a 1-1/4 inch receiver opening. The difference is that a Class I hitch has a lower tongue weight rating, usually 200 pounds and a lower towing rating, usually 2,000 pounds. A Class II hitch usually has a tongue… view full answer...
- Q&ADifference Between Swagman XTC-2 and XC 2 Platform Bike Racks
While very similar 2-Bike platform racks, the Swagman XTC-2 #S64670 is essentially an upgraded version of the XC 2 #S64650. The Swagman XTC-2 features re-designed and improved wheel cradles that are stronger and constructed with a soft coating to… view full answer...
- Q&ACurt vs. Draw-Tite Trailer Hitch Comparison for a 2016 Subaru Outback Wagon
The Class II Curt Hitch #C12136 and Class II Draw-Tite Hitch #36493 for your 2016 Subaru Outback Wagon are very similar, but every Class I and Class II and some Class III Curt Hitches require stabilizing straps to be used when towing non trailer… view full answer...
- Q&AComparing the Swagman Quad 2+2, Hollywood Racks SportRider SE4, and Kuat NV 2.0 Bike Racks
I will be happy to help you out with the 3 platform bike racks you are looking at. I will go over each one for durability, ease of use, and what I would recommend. I might even throw in a surprise 4th option! In terms of durability there are a couple… view full answer...
- Q&AHitch Extender Recommendation for a Jeep Wrangler for Bike Rack to Clear Spare
For most Jeep Wrangler applications the Brophy Hitch Extender part #HE06 which provides 7-5/8 inches of additional length to the hitch would work well. I attached a review video that shows it being used in a similar Wrangler as yours. You should note… view full answer...
- Q&ADifferences Between Thule EasyFold and EasyFold XT
The Thule EasyFold XT #TH903202 is the latest version of the Thule EasyFold TH9032 and there are a few upgrades to what is already considered by many to be the best bike rack available, due in large part to its quality of life features. It still has… view full answer...
- Q&AKuat Transfer or Kuat Sherpa 2.0 Comparison
The Kuat Sherpa #SH22G is about 5 lbs lighter than the Kuat Transfer part #TS02G but the biggest thing that I really like about the Sherpa is what you already mentioned. It is rock solid when traveling. There is little to no movement of the rack with… view full answer...
- Q&AThule Doubletrack #TH990XT vs. Swagman Chinook #S64683
The real benefits that you get from the Thule Doubletrack #TH990XT is that it weighs 36 lbs, it is made right here in the USA, and the trays are a little more customizable since they are on their own "tracks". If you don't mind the… view full answer...