bing tracking image
Q & A Icon

Options to Vent Air Above a Stove Without Having to Cut a Vent into Your RV


I am having to replace a Magic Chef microwave with vent-a-hood on the bottom. To replace this with a cabinet model, I will need to place a vent-a-hood below the microwave which means cut a vent hole in the trailer side. Is here a vent-a-hood that would vent through the filters on the microwave at its top? Thanks


Helpful Expert Reply:

While we do not have RV range hoods that are designed to vent through a microwave, there are still options available to you.

If you are concerned with having to cut a hole in your trailer, then you can use something like the Furrion Range Hood - 12V - Ventless, part # FHO23SACRVBL. This vent does not need a duct (the whole that the air flows through to the outside). Instead, it disperses the air coming through the vent back out of it after filtering it. Meaning, smoke and other dirty air goes into it, and clean air comes back out. Of course, when considering this vent, you need to ensure the measurements are right for what space you have available. They are 23-1/2" long x 4-3/4" tall x 17-3/4" deep. I've linked to a video review of this vent for you to look at.

The other option you have is to simply replace your vented microwave with another. These are called "over-the-range" microwaves, and we have several here. I recommend the Furrion Over the Range RV Convection Microwave - 1,500 Watts, part # FMCM15SS. It measures 29-15/16" wide x 16-3/8" tall x 15" deep. I've linked to a video review of this microwave as well.

If neither of these meet your dimension requirements, let me know and I will help you find more appropriate ones.

helpful expert reply by:
Kef G

Products Referenced in This Question

Product Page this Question was Asked From

Q & A Icon

Similar Expert Q&A Pages

See More Q&A Expert Answers >>