bing tracking image
Q & A Icon

How To Install Valterra Eccentric Tank Reducer


On a 2006 Georgie Boy Pursuit, it looks like water is leaking at the joint between the 1 1/2 inch pipe and the hubs 1 1/2 inch outlet-OR at the junction of the hubs 1 1/2 inch section and the main 3 inch hub. e.g. the hub itself may be cracked. So it looks like the best repair would be to remove the old hub and replace it with a new one and then glue together new piping down to the shut off valve. BUT...after removing the clamp, will the old hub be removable without damaging the gray tank? Can it be removed? Or, should I remove the clamp, and try to get a 3inch rubber coupling to go around the old hub and connect it to a new hub, and finish the plumbing from there? Simply put, is there a way to remove an old hub, or are they always glued in and clamped in?


Helpful Expert Reply:

The Valterra Eccentric Tank Reducer part # T1041-1 has a 3" spigot end which installs inside the neck on the waste water tank and then a 1-1/2" hub end which you would slide a pipe into. In order to secure the spigot end into the neck on the tank you will want to use some gasket maker part # LT37467 on the outside of the spigot fitting or on the inside of the water neck and then use a band clamp part # H03-0009 to clamp down on the waste water neck and hold the spigot fitting in place. The Valterra ABS Solvent Cement part # A05-0303 would then be used to fuse the pipe inside the hub end.

I am not sure if this is helpful to you but please understand it's going to be hard to offer advice without seeing the actual connections and fittings because there are just so many different variances. That said, the connections/fittings whatever they might be would use gasket maker to secure either to or inside the neck on the waste water tank so it can be removed which I think is what you are asking. I suggest heating the glue and then rotating back and forth to free it up. If this does not answer your question please send some photos and I would be happy to try and further explain.

helpful expert reply by:
Conner L

Products Referenced in This Question

Product Page this Question was Asked From

Q & A Icon

Similar Expert Q&A Pages

See More Q&A Expert Answers >>