bing tracking image
Q & A Icon

Hose Connection for Fresh Water Fill Hose to Inlet and Tank  


I am replacing the the gravity FW fill hose on my Lance 1575. Both connections were done with hose clamps. The one connecting to the main tank appeared to have pipe dope on the interior of the pipe and also a red plastic plug that set in the inner diameter of the main inlet of the tank - I have no idea why that was there, as it seems it would even just restrict the water flow when filling. My question is are hose clamps fine for connecting, or do you recommend some type of pipe dope or sealer between the filler hose and the bibs they connect to tank and inlet from exterior of the trailer?


Expert Reply:

The Valterra City Water Inlet for RVs - White - Gravity Fill # A01-2001VP is most likely similar to your Lance 1545. The Camco RV Plastic Fresh-Water Fill Hose - 1-1/4" Diameter - 10' Long # CAM36601 will work fine using hose clamps like # H03-0006 as you stated on the barb fittings.

The red plug you are referring to doesn't make sense to me. Our tanks like # R8060 have a red plug that is for the bottom open fitting on the tank, not near the top where you would fill it. I recommend the Valterra ABS Tank Fill Kit - Straight Barbed Fill # RK908 to connect to the tank.

expert reply by:

Products Referenced in This Question

Video/Article/FAQ this Question was Asked From

Article or Video
Q & A Icon

Continue Researching

See More Q&A Expert Answers >>