bing tracking image
Q & A Icon

Adjustable Pintle Hitch With Quick Change Balls


I want a pintle hitch that is adjustable that has quick change balls... does your quick change ball set go with a pintle hitch? Or is there a pintle change out for the change out ball shaft?


Expert Reply:

I believe I have something that may work for you. The Convert-A-Ball Pintle Hook Combo, # PH1 comes with 3 stainless steel balls. They also offer an Adjustable Pintle Mounting Bar, # AMPC2. Purchasing this combination would give you the ability to change balls and to raise or lower as needed. I've attached a diagram of how the system works as well as a video review on a 2012 Ford F-250.

The Curt Pintle Hook with 2 5/16" Ball, # C45910-15-20, that you mentioned is adjustable, but currently there are no quick-change ball kits that will work in the 1-1/4" ball hole diameter of this set-up.

I also recommend adding a hitch lock like # e98880 to keep anyone from walking away with your new pintle combo set.

click to enlarge
expert reply by:

Products Referenced in This Question

Product Page this Question was Asked From

Q & A Icon

Similar Expert Q&A Pages

See More Q&A Expert Answers >>