Can A Fifth Wheel Be Used With An Inverted Fifth Wheel On A Trailer Using A Fabricated Dual King Pin
I need to know to hook up a fifth wheel to a fifth wheel? ? Here what is going on I arived at a yard to hook up to a trailer and the trailer has a fifth wheel on it as my tractor truck has a fifth wheel. I asked them how am I going to hook that up they bring me a plate that has a king pin welded one on each side of the plate. Is this legal? ? I am to pull this trailer loaded with 38,000 pounds from tx to Pennsylvania please let me know I have never seen anything like this in my 14 years of driving trucks
asked by: Joe C
Helpful Expert Reply:
This is the first time I have heard of the issue you are describing. It sounds like there is an inverted fifth wheel hitch on the trailer you are trying to deal with.
The best solution I could recommend would be to remove the inverted fifth wheel on the trailer and install a king pin like part # 337KP20050.
I am not certain about the legality of the dual fifth wheel hitches being used with a fabricated dual king pin. You will need to check with the Department of Transportation in the each of the states you will be traveling through to see if it is legal to tow with a setup like you described.
- Search Results: 5th wheel to gooseneck conversion
- Search Results: 5th wheel to gooseneck adapter
- Search Results: wells cargo trailer parts
- Q&A: What is the Benefit of an Inverted 5th Wheel Hitch Head on a 5th Wheel Trailer
- Q&A: Can I Tow a 5th Wheel Travel Trailer with a Semi Truck or 18-Wheeler
- Shop: Fifth Wheel Hitch
- Shop: Gooseneck Hitch
- Shop: B&W Turnoverball King Pin Adapter for Trailers with Inverted 5th-Wheel Hitches
- Shop: Ram Gooseneck to 5th Wheel Trailer Coupler Adapter - Round - 30K
- Shop: Curt E16 5th Wheel Trailer Hitch w/ R16 Roller - Slide Bar Jaw - 16,000 lbs
- Shop: Blue Ox Gooseneck-to-5th-Wheel Trailer Hitch Adapter - 21,000 lbs
- Shop: 2-5/16" Gooseneck Coupler Head with 1/2" Lock Pin, 30,000 lbs.
- Shop: Buyers Products 2" Forged SAE Trailer King Pin with 1/2" Bolster Plate - Weld On
- Shop: Buyers Products Fabricators Hitch Plate - 5/8" x 34-1/2" x 15-1/2"
- Q&A: Converting a Semi 7-Way Trailer Connector to an RV 7-Way Trailer Connector
- Article: 4 Steps to Choosing Your 5th Wheel Pin Box
- Video: Choosing the Best Fifth Wheel Hitch
- Search Results: gooseneck hitch
- Q&A: Does Truck with 6-1/2 ft bed Have to Use Slider Hitch for Turning Clearance with Fifth Wheel Hitch
- Article: Gooseneck to 5th Wheel Adapters
- Video: Manufacturer Review - Demco Autoslide 5th Wheel Trailer Hitch
- Search Results: gen~y hitch
- Q&A: What Is An OEM Prep Package And How Do I Know If I Have It
- Article: Ram Trailer Tow Prep Package
- Shop: Suspension Enhancement
- Search Results: 5th wheel hitch
- Q&A: Do I Have to Have a Sliding 5th Wheel Hitch in a Short Bed Truck
- Shop: Trailer Wiring
- Article: Adapters for Towing a 5th Wheel Trailer with a Gooseneck Hitch
- Search Results: air bags