bing tracking image
Q & A Icon

How to Connect Diode Wiring Kit for Flat Towing a 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee


My jeep has a separate amber turn signal. Am I correct to assume that with this kit I would use the brake light instead of the amber turn signal? Pics on the site is showing this


Expert Reply:

Yes, you would just wire the green and yellow stop/turn brake circuits from the Roadmaster Universal Hy-Power Diode Wiring Kit # RM-154 to your brake lights on your 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee.

If you want to utilize your amber turn signals on your Jeep while flat towing you can use the Wiring Kit # 154-792-118158 instead which comes with a converter and the extra diodes you need to separate your brake and turn signals.

I have attached photos of both wiring options for you to reference.

click to enlarge
click to enlarge
expert reply by:
Jon G

Products Referenced in This Question

Product Page this Question was Asked From

Q & A Icon

Similar Expert Q&A Pages

See More Q&A Expert Answers >>