View Cart

Can Surge A-Frame Coupler be Replaced with a Fixed Coupler


I have a 2000 Jayco Eagle ST with a now defunct hydraulic coupler. I have had the trailer brakes re-wired for electric and added a controller in my towing vehicle. The OEM surge brake system failed over the course of the prior winter and is not functional. I would like to replace the surge Cupler with a straight Coupler. Can you please advise? I have a local auto shop that is willing to weld the surge Coupler so that it becomes fixed, but I think I would prefer a fixed coupler if there is an easy solution.


Expert Reply:

From the pictures I found online of your 2000 Jayco Eagle ST it appears your trailer has a standard a-frame style coupler on it so you could replace what you have with a coupler like the part # CA5400 and you'd be set.

Click to Enlarge
expert reply by:
Jameson C

Ask The Experts a Question >>

Product Page this Question was Asked From

Similar Expert Q&A Pages

See More Q&A Expert Answers >>