bing tracking image
Q & A Icon

Rubber Piece for Cap on Titan Model 60 Actuator


The brake fluid reservoir filler cap reservoir plug has a thin rubber diaphram inside of it. It is shaped like a large thimble. I found mine floating in the reservoir and want to be sure to place it back in the filler cap correctly. Does the thimble shape go inside or point down? Thanks


Helpful Expert Reply:

I went out to the warehouse to pull the Replacement Master Cylinder Filler Cap # T4480701 for your older Titan Model 60 Actuator. I was able to find that the rubber piece you described is actually the diaphragm insert that is sealed within the cap. Most likely, something occurred inside the reservoir that essentially forced or ripped this piece from the cap. It is not something that can be inserted back into the cap because it is designed to be sealed and should not be easily removed.

I recommend simply replacing the cap with # T4480701, which has a built-in O-ring and the mentioned diaphragm installed.

click to enlarge
helpful expert reply by:
Chris R

Product Page this Question was Asked From

Q & A Icon

Similar Expert Q&A Pages

See More Q&A Expert Answers >>