bing tracking image
Q & A Icon

Reading Lamp Recommendation for Small Teardrop Camper  


Hi! If I have a vent with a fan installed Ventline VP-543SP in my home built, wool insulated tear, do I also need side vents? Also, what interior lights would you recommend that arent super bright? Just looking to put two warm LED lights higher on the sides meant for mostly reading/ playing cards, not standard brightness. Thank you!


Expert Reply:

For a reading lamp, I'd recommend the Command Electronics # CE46FR. The light provided comes in at 3500
Kelvin on the Kelvin lighting scale and is described as 'warm white' which is suitable for the situations where you don't want something really bright like task lighting. For cards and reading, I believe the # CE46FR would be perfect for you. Even cooler is the fact that the lamp offers a USB port for charging your phone or e-reader and a dim night light so you can easily find the switch in the dark. I'll link you to a demonstration video that shows how the lamp works and how bright it is in a dark room.

If you have the ability to crack a window, you really won't need side vents when you install a roof vent like # VP-543SP. Having a window partially open will provide enough draft that side vents wouldn't be necessary.

expert reply by:
Mike L

Products Referenced in This Question

Product Page this Question was Asked From

Q & A Icon

Continue Researching

See More Q&A Expert Answers >>