bing tracking image
Q & A Icon

Surge Coupler to Replace Older Atwood Model


Do you guys have a repair kit for the Atwood 171 surge brake?


Expert Reply:

We do not have a master cylinder repair kit for your older Atwood surge coupler but we can help you select a new coupler to match your trailer gross weight. The linked page displays both disc and drum brake surge couplers; just click on the type you need for your trailer, the ball size and then click on the gross trailer weight rating (GTW) that is appropriate.

A popular option for a 7K GTW with a straight tongue and drum brakes is Demco drum actuator coupler # DM72VR which is a bolt-on install. We also have A-frame couplers like 7.5K # T4067600 which takes a 2-5/16-inch ball.

expert reply by:

Products Referenced in This Question

Video/Article/FAQ this Question was Asked From

Article or Video
Q & A Icon

Similar Expert Q&A Pages