bing tracking image
Q & A Icon

Gooseneck Hitch for 2014 Ram 2500 Long Bed


i have a 2014 dodge truck i am wanting to install a hide away ball now do i need to buy the railings that go under neath the bed and the ball the whole package or does my truck have those railings already installed under it when i bought it? if so then all i need to buy is the ball thing?


Expert Reply:

If your Ram has the factory tow/ prep package, it'll have pucks in the truck bed as shown in the provided photo. If you have the prep package, you can use the Reese # RP30140 gooseneck ball. The # RP30137 kit you mentioned is for the Ford tow/prep package, and wouldn't work for your truck.

If you don't have the tow/prep package, you can use the Draw-Tite # 9467.

If you don't already have a 7-way trailer connector installed in your truck bed, you can install one using part # 41157.

click to enlarge
expert reply by:
Mike L

Products Referenced in This Question

Product Page this Question was Asked From

Q & A Icon

Similar Expert Q&A Pages

See More Q&A Expert Answers >>