bing tracking image
Q & A Icon

Wiring 2011 Jeep Wrangler for Flat Towing Behind RV


I will be towing a 2011 jeep wrangler with a two wire light system behind a winnebago vectra with a three wire light system ... I want to use the Hopkins universal wiring kit ...Will I also have to install a bright light converter ?


Expert Reply:

You will indeed need the Roadmaster Brite-Lite vehicle-to-vehicle tail light converter, part # RM-154 in order to install the Hopkins tail light isolating diode system in your Wrangler. If you take a look at the schematic I have provided, you can see how the system is wired.

My research shows that the Roadmaster Tail-Light Wiring Kit with Bulb and Socket, part # RM-155 would be compatible with your Jeep, and would be much easier to install. This system uses bulbs wired directly to the trailer connector on your RV, and would remain completely independent of the wiring on the Jeep. This system offers the same plug in and forget it convenience of the diode kit, but is less expensive and easier to install.

I did some research on your 2011 Wrangler, and found that is is flat towable if the transfer case has a neutral position.

click to enlarge
expert reply by:
Mike L

Products Referenced in This Question

Product Page this Question was Asked From

Q & A Icon

Similar Expert Q&A Pages

See More Q&A Expert Answers >>