Determining Type of Coupler Lock Needed for Gooseneck Coupler


How can you easily tell whether your gooseneck trailer needs a Bulldog- or RAM-style lock?


Expert Reply:

The physical difference in terms of appearance between various well-known gooseneck coupler manufacturers is hard to spot because they all are fairly similar. The biggest difference comes with the width of the coupler flange.

The best way to determine which coupler lock is needed, the Blaylock EZ Lock for Bulldog/Stallion/Superior/T.E.M. # BLTL-50 or the EZ Lock for RAM # BLTL-55, is to take a quick measurement on your coupler's flange width.

The EZ Lock # BLTL-50 has a width between the tabs of 4-1/2 inches while the # BLTL-55 is for wider couplers and has a width of 5 inches. You will just want to choose the model that will accommodate the flange width on your existing coupler. I have attached a couple images to assist.

Click to Enlarge
Click to Enlarge
expert reply by:
Christopher R

Ask The Experts a Question >>

Products Referenced in This Question

Product Page this Question was Asked From

Similar Expert Q&A Pages

See More Q&A Expert Answers >>