Q & A Icon

Replacing the OEM Transmission Cooler on a 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee


I want to install transmission cooler with an aftermarket part, most of the videos show how to put one in-line with the OEM part. The OEM part has a leak and I just want to replace it with an aftermarket. The 2012 Jeep GC has an A/C condenser and trans cooler combo, and the trans part has a leak.


Expert Reply:

The transmission coolers that we have on our site are meant to be supplemental coolers, meaning they are meant to be installed on a vehicle that has a transmission cooler that is in good working order. That is why we only have videos of them being installed on the OEM part.

We have had some reports of people using supplemental transmission coolers to replace their OEM cooler so if you do decide to replace your OEM cooler with a supplemental cooler then you will want to make sure that you choose the biggest one that will fit in the space that you have available. One of the larger coolers we have is the Derale # D13960 which measures 13" wide x 10" tall x 5-5/8" deep.

I have attached some helpful articles about transmission coolers.

expert reply by:
Jon G

Products Referenced in This Question

Product Page this Question was Asked From

Follow up Questions

Q & A Icon

Similar Expert Q&A Pages

See More Q&A Expert Answers >>