Compatibility of Friction Sway Bar with Convert-A-Ball Adapter and Weight Distribution Shank


I have a load equalizer hitch from the mid to late 80s with a sway control ball. 2x2inch receiver part with a 2x2-1/2inch shank with a Reese friction sway control arm if that helps I am now using a Curt weight distribution shank part #17120 with a Convert-a-Ball mount adapter part #BA-1. Will a Reese Sway Control Bracket part #RP26003 work with Part #BA-1. Next will a Convert-a-Ball part #900B work with the BA-1 and RP26003 my concerns here is the shank length of the 900B. Last would the Curt sway control ball part #C40093 work with the old sway control arm.


Expert Reply:

The Reese Sway-Control Bracket for 2" Ball Mounts - Class III and IV # RP26003 will work with the Ball Mount Adapter for Convert-A-Ball Cushioned Weight Distribution Shank # BA-1 to allow you use your Reese friction sway control arm # 83660.

The Curt Sway Control Hitch Ball # C40093 or Reese # RP58060 will work with this system.

expert reply by:
Jason S

Products Referenced in This Question

Product Page this Question was Asked From

Follow up Questions

Similar Expert Q&A Pages

See More Q&A Expert Answers >>