Comparing Equal-i-zer and ProPride/Hensley Weight Distribution Hitches For Keystone Premier 26FKPR
Just Signed on the dotted line for a new Premier 26FKPR TT. Needless to say we are very excited here, and I had a few questions regarding opinions on load leveling systems. Looking at three different brands and not sure which way to go. 1: 10K Equal-i-zer 4-point Sway Control Hitch 2:Hensley 3:Propride The second and third are WAY more expensive and are they worth it? The other question is weight rating. Trailer info: With a GVWR of 7600. Do I want the 8,000 pound or can I go to the 10,000 pound unit for a little more support? Knowing it will be a little stiffer. Shipping Weight 6535 Carrying Capacity 1065 Hitch 725
asked by: Emmet R
To select the correct weight distribution hitch for your 2022 Keystone Premier 36 FKPR travel trailer you will need to determine how you plan to use the camper.
The Equal-i-zer Weight Distribution System # EQ37100ET is a great hitch and works great for reducing sway. It reduces sway by creating friction points that work to reduce quick movements and keep the trailer tracking straight.
The ProPride 3P Weight Distribution Hitch # PR57QR otherwise know as the latest in the in the evolution of the Hensley line of hitches uses pivot-point projection technology to correct sway. This isolates the hitch head on the hitch ball and instead the hitch head itself pivots on the hitch to reduce sway. It is far quieter than the friction hinges.
If you are concerned about noise maneuvering your trailer at campgrounds or in your neighborhood the ProPride is the best option. I would also say it is going to be the better hitch if you plan on traveling with the trailer across the country. If you frequent camp grounds closer to home the Equal-i-zer is faster to take on and off.
I recommend going with the 10,000lb setups due to the tongue weight on your trailer. Since it has a dry tongue weight of 725lbs it will easily increase when you add your camping gear. The Equal-i-zer # EQ37100ET is rated for tongue weights of 600-1,000lbs while the ProPride # PR57QR is rated for a tongue weight between 700-1,000lbs.
Your answer has been submitted!
Products Referenced in This Question
- Weight Distribution Hitch
- WD With Sway Control
- Prevents Sway
- Includes Shank
- Electric Brake Compatible
- Fits 2 Inch Hitch
- Allows Backing Up
- 800 lbs
- 900 lbs
more information >
Featured Help Information
Similar Expert Q&A Pages
- 2020 F-150 & Equal-i-zer Weight Distribution System w/ 4-Point Sway Control
- Weight Distribution & Trailer Brake Controller For Towing 2021 GD XLS 22RBE w/2002 Silverado 1500
- Correct Equal-i-zer Weight Distribution System for Forest River Rockwood Ultra Lite 2614BS
- Ways To Reduce Noise From Equal-i-zer Weight Distribution Hitch System
- Can You Raise L-Brackets on Equal-i-zer Weight Distribution More Than Level with Frame
- Recommended Solution to Fix Sag on 2018 Nissan Armada SE Towing Trailer with Weight Distribution
- Recommended Weight Distribution System for a 10,000 lbs Travel Trailer
- Best Suspension Enhancement For a 2018 Toyota Tundra When Towing a 2021 Lance Travel Trailer
- Can 1,000 lb Tongue Weight Rated Equal-I-Zer be Upgraded to 1,600 lb
- Recommendations For Reducing Rear Suspension Sag on a 2016 Ford Expedition Towing a Travel Trailer
- Replacement Snap-Up Lever For Equal-i-zer Weight Distribution Hitch
- Weight Distribution Hitch With Sway for a 2021 Jayco Jay Flight SLX 267BHS Travel Trailer
- Can a Truck Scale Be Used When Setting Up a Weight Distribution Hitch?
- Recommended Weight Distribution Hitch System For 6,000LB Trailer Which Requires Little Strength
- Recommended Weight Distribution Hitch For a 2020 Gulf Stream Kingsport 248BH Travel Trailer
- Missing Rivet From Equal-i-zer Weight Distribution System
- Recommended Equal-i-zer System for Boat Trailer with 800 lb Tongue Weight
- Where are the 4 Points of Sway Control in Equalizer Weight Distribution Systems
- Will a Weight Distribution System Fix Sway that Occurs at 50 MPH
- Can Weight Distribution Hitch Be Installed On Trailer With 30 Degree A-Frame
- Recommended 2-Inch Hitch Ball for Equal-i-zer Weight Distribution System
- Need Shank Like What Is Included With Equal-i-zer Weight Distribution Systems
- Can Equal-i-zer Weight Distribution be Used on Boat Trailer with Pole Tongue
- How to Determine Weight Distribution System for Trailer
- Equal-i-zer Weight Distribution Recommendation for Rockwood Mini Lite 2512
- Does Equalizer Weight Distribution System EQ37100ET Come with 2-5/16 inch Hitch Ball
- Can Equal-i-zer Weight Distribution System be Used on 22 Foot Car Hauler
- Best Weight Distribution System for a Loaded Trailer Weight of 6,500 lbs
- Can the Curt TruTrack or Equal-i-zer Systems Be Installed On a V-Nose Enclosed Trailer