Recommended Adapter and Surge Protector for 50 Amp System to 30 Amp Shore Power


Question: I have a 50am camper but have seen some people converter to 30amp with converter plug. In this scenario, can I use a 30amp surge protector or is this a definite do not do..... Thanks!


Expert Reply:

With your 50 amp camper system, I recommend using the Power Grip RV Power Maximizer - 50 Amp Female to 15 Amp Male and 30 Amp Male # CAM55025 to allow you to plug into 30 amp power supplies. Then you will use a surge protector like # CAM55306 for multiple surge protection or # CAM55313 for single time surge protection. Many people use the Camco Power Grip Cable with Lock # CAM44290 to protect their investment.

Unless you convert your entire system to 30 amp, I don't recommend using a 30 amp surge protector like # CAM55301 or # CAM55312 as it won't help your system which is rated higher than that protection offers.

expert reply by:
Jason S

Products Referenced in This Question

Product Page this Question was Asked From

Follow up Questions

What Do You Think?

* e-mail address format: [email protected]

I would like an email notification if someone replies to my comment

Similar Expert Q&A Pages

See More Q&A Expert Answers >>