Recommended LED Replacement Lights for 2005 Damon Daybreak Motorhome with Load Resistors


I have a 2005 Damon Daybreak Motor Home with 4 inch round tail/brake and turn signal. My question is: Do I need to change the flasher unit? I was researching led lights, and found that jeeps require a different flasher unit. I noticed you were installing these on a trailer, but the principle is still the same. Was there a special flasher unit used in the tow vehicle? I would like to install these on my motor home, but not sure if a new flasher unit will be required, or if one is even available. Thanks in advance.


Expert Reply:

The Sealed, 4" Round, LED Stop/Turn/Tail light, 21 Diode - Red # STL55RB will work great on your motorhome. You will simply need to use the wiring pigtail # A47PB for each light. You will simply need the butt connectors # DW05744-5.

On some vehicles, when switching to LED lights, there is a load resistor needed to prevent hyperflashing but this is not always needed. If you do end up needing a load resistor, I recommend the Putco LED Light Bulb Load-Resistors - Aluminum - Qty 2 # P230004A-2. You can get these already integrated using # ALEDRST2B if you prefer. These load resistors will prevent hyperflashing.

expert reply by:
Jason S

Ask The Experts a Question >>

Products Referenced in This Question

Product Page this Question was Asked From

Similar Expert Q&A Pages

See More Q&A Expert Answers >>