bing tracking image
Q & A Icon

How to Determine the Right Replacement Power Cord to Plug a Trailer/RV into Shore Power


I am looking to replace the cord that goes from my camper to the power box. Do you guys sell these I only need to replace the end but would like to replace the whole power cord. My camper is a 2000 Damon Hornet Lite


Expert Reply:

To replace the power cord that goes from the shore power receptacle at a camp site to the RV you will need to know the amperage rating for both. Most shore power receptacles are 30 amp, some are 50. Rarely you will see a 15 amp.

The different amperage ratings require different connector types so even if you are not sure what the RV has you can look at the outlet. Cord # A10-3025ED90 is a 30 amp to 30 amp so the end that plugs into an outlet has two slanted flat pins and one round ground pin.

A 50 amp to 50 amp such as # A10-5025EDBK will have 4 pins; 3 flat, straight pins and 1 round ground pin. A 50 to 30 or 30 to 50 will have a combination of these styles. If you are not sure you can email me a picture of your RVs receptacle and I can figure it out.

expert reply by:

Products Referenced in This Question

Product Page this Question was Asked From

Q & A Icon

Similar Expert Q&A Pages

See More Q&A Expert Answers >>