Would Curt Ball Mount C45036 Fit a 2014 Dodge Journey R/T with Curt Hitch Installed
Will this ball work with the curt tow package on a 2014 dodge journey r/t?
asked by: Elizabeth N
Helpful Expert Reply:
Yes, if you had the Curt Class III hitch part # C13201 installed on your 2014 Dodge Journey the ball mount part # C45036 would be a confirmed fit. It would provide you with 2 inches of drop for towing your trailer.
If you are unsure of how much drop you need you basically will want to go with the drop that will allow your trailer to be towed as level as possible. I attached a help article on this for more info.
- Article: How to Measure for Trailer Hitch Drop
- Article: Steel vs. Aluminum Ball Mounts
- Q&A: Will Curt Hitch for 2020 Toyota RAV4 Allow Hands Free Lift Gate to Still Function
- Article: Ball Mount Basics: Weight Capacity, Class, and Size
- Q&A: How to Measure the Rise/Drop of a Ball Mount
- Article: How to Choose the Right Trailer Hitch Class
- Article: Breakaway Kit Installation for Single and Dual Brake Axle Trailers
- Q&A: What is the Difference Between a 4-Way and 7-Way Trailer Connector
- Article: Brake Controller 7- and 4-Way Installation Kit (ETBC7)
- Article: Pintle-Hitches
- Q&A: Hitch Recommendation for a 2022 Toyota Highlander XSE w/ 20 Inch Spare Tire
- Q&A: Correct Ball Mount for 19-3/4 Inch Receiver Height on 2021 Ford F150
- Q&A: Curt Trailer Wiring Availability for 2023 Kia Telluride
- Q&A: Plug-In Location For 4-Way Wiring Harness on 2022 Subaru Outback