bing tracking image
Q & A Icon

Gooseneck to Fifth Wheel Adapter Recommendation for a 1997 Ford F350 Flatbed  


I have a 1997 F-350 dually with a gooseneck hitch. The truck is a flatbed with the bed being manufactured by J Rod in Red Oak, Texas. I want to get an adapter to tow a 5th wheel but am not sure if part #9480 will work. The plate for my gooseneck ball is located 4inch below the flat bed metal surface. Will this adapter work with my setup?


Expert Reply:

I have a solution for you, but the Hi-Rise Gooseneck-to-5th-Wheel Trailer Hitch Adapter # 9480 that you referenced would not be the correct part for you as it only works on BandW, Bulldog and Reese hitches.

Instead you would want the Convert-A-Ball Cushioned 5th-Wheel-to-Gooseneck Adapter # CAB-C5G. This will attach to your pin box and will allow your trailer to connect to the gooseneck hitch in your flatbed truck.

expert reply by:
Jameson C
click to enlarge

Products Referenced in This Question

Video/Article/FAQ this Question was Asked From

Article or Video
Q & A Icon

Continue Researching

See More Q&A Expert Answers >>