bing tracking image
Q & A Icon

Replacing the Drop Leg Spring Loaded Pull Pin on a Bulldog 180 Series Square Jack


The spring broke in one of my landing gears. Is the spring available and how hard would it be to replace?


Expert Reply:

For a Bulldog 180 series jack you will need replacement drop leg pin # BD500177. It includes the spring, cotter pin, and washer. You should not have to remove the inner drop leg to replace the pin and spring. Start by pulling back on the pin. Then use whatever tool will fit to pull out the cotter key. Then everything should come out.

Then you will put on the spring, washer, and the cotter key goes on last to hold it all in place so put it back in the way that it came out.

The spring alone is not available as a separate part.

expert reply by:

Products Referenced in This Question

Product Page this Question was Asked From

Q & A Icon

Similar Expert Q&A Pages

See More Q&A Expert Answers >>