Can Yakima Biker Bar Install in Truck Bed with Tonneau Cover Installed
Do I need to completely remove my tonneau cover in order to use the Yakima bike bar #Y01143 or will the bar and tower pads clear the tonneau cover side rails? See attached photo.
asked by: David H
Thank you for the picture of your tonneau cover rails. Since they go above the top of the bed rails you would need to remove them to install the Yakima BikerBar Truck Bed Mounted 2 Bike Carrier Y01143.
An easy option to get around leaving the rails installed would be a tailgate mounted bike rack like the Softride Shuttle Pad part # SR26457. I attached a review video for this bike rack for you to check out as well.
- Article: Trailer Wiring Diagrams
- Shop: Kuat Pivot 2 Swing Away Hitch Extender for Bike Racks - 2" Hitches - Passenger's Side
- Q&A: Carrying 2 Kayaks, 2 Conventional Bikes and 2 E-Bikes On My 2020 Ford F150
- Search Results: yakima hd track
- Q&A: Cross bars and Bike Rack That Will Work With My Retrax Pro XR Tonneau Cover
- Q&A: Recommended 2-1/2 to 2 Reducer Sleeve for 2019 Ford F-250
- Q&A: Lug Nut Torque for Loadstar ST215/75D14 Bias Trailer Tire w/ 14 Inch Galvanized Wheel # AM3S560
- Q&A: Tailgate Pad Bike Rack Recommendation for a 2019 Ram 1500
- Q&A: Proper Lubrication of Curt A20 5th Wheel Trailer Hitch
- Q&A: Best Air Bags With Wireless Compressor for 2020 Chevy Silverado 2500HD
- Article: Determining Trailer Tongue Weight
- Article: The 5 Best Trailer Drop Hitches You Can Buy
- Article: 30-Amp and 50-Amp RV Service: 8 Things You Need to Know
- Article: Best Bike Racks for Electric Bikes
- Article: 4 Steps to Choosing Your 5th Wheel Pin Box
- Article: How to Carry Bikes While Towing a Travel Trailer