Replacement for Shelby 5764A Trailer Jack on 2000 Four Winns Horizon 180


I have a 200 Four Winns Horizon 180 and need a replacement trailer jack. The one currently with it is Shelby 5764A 750lb. I purchased one from Reese but the bolt pattern doesnt line up and Id have to use the long bracket that is mounted opposite side. Question, is it feasible to remove the bracket from existing jack and remove the bracket on the new jack and attach old bracket to new jack pole? I do not want to try and attempt if it is not likely to fit or work. Are those parts made to come apart? obviously the bolt holes would need to line up with pin.


Expert Reply:

Swapping the mounting hardware on a jack can be done, but it will depend on the specific mounting hardware of the jacks. Shelby jacks and parts are becoming more difficult to locate, so I would recommend replacing your Shelby hardware with something more easily replaceable in the future like the etrailer Marine Jack # MJ-1200B, which has a 1200 lb capacity and 11" lift.

If you want to try to match the existing Shelby mounting plate, we do have one jack that may work. The Fulton Bolt-Thru Swivel Jack, # FXP10W0301 has a mounting plate that is very similar to the Shelby mounting plate. This jack has a 1200 lb weight capacity and a 10" lift. The mounting plate this jack is designed for is # P9012-00. I have attached a photo of the mounting plate with the dimensions. You can take the same measurements on your existing mounting plate to see if the Fulton jack will work for you.

Click to Enlarge
expert reply by:

Products Referenced in This Question

Product Page this Question was Asked From

Follow up Questions

Similar Expert Q&A Pages

See More Q&A Expert Answers >>