bing tracking image
Q & A Icon

Is a Draw Bar Needed with Trailer Hitch for 2008 Ford Focus


I am looking at a trayler hitch for a 2008 ford focus.what is a drawbar,and do I need this?thank you


Expert Reply:

A draw-bar or ball-mount is the shank or piece that slides into the hitch opening that allows a hitch ball to attach to.

Basically the hitch is the portion that bolts to the frame of the vehicle and then the draw bar is the metal shank that slides into it with the ball attached to it. If you plan to tow a trailer you will need this.

For a hitch the Curt part # C11319 that you referenced would be the correct fit.

Then for a draw bar the recommended one is the # C45521. For a ball you'd need either # A-82 for a 2 inch ball or part # A-80 for a 1-7/8 inch ball.

expert reply by:
Jameson C

Products Referenced in This Question

Product Page this Question was Asked From

Q & A Icon

Similar Expert Q&A Pages

See More Q&A Expert Answers >>