bing tracking image
Q & A Icon

Is there a 1-1/4 Inch Ball Mount with 4 to 5 Inches of Drop


I am looking for a hitch for a 1-1/4 receiver that has a drop of 4-5 inches. Seems you can find a 4inch rise everywhere but Im having trouble finding the drop. I has been suggested to me to invert the rise mount but the lip on my trailer hitch is too big and I dont want to use it improperly incase there is a problem. Do you carry what I need?


Expert Reply:

Ball mount # 36078 has a drop of 4-3/4 inches. This ball mount is designed for Class II hitches with a 1-1/4 inch receiver. If you have a Class I hitch this ball mount may not fit depending on the brand of the hitch.

For a Class I hitch we have several ball mounts that offer a 3-1/4 inch drop: # C45022, # C45026, and # C45027.

Also keep in mind that the tongue weight of the trailer will pull down on the back of the vehicle some so that can help in keeping the trailer level.

expert reply by:

Products Referenced in This Question

Product Page this Question was Asked From

Q & A Icon

Similar Expert Q&A Pages

See More Q&A Expert Answers >>