bing tracking image
Q & A Icon

Does The Rock Tamers Heavy-Duty, Adjustable Mud Flap System ERT00110 Require a Ball Mount?  


I have a 5th wheel trailer. Do I need to use a ball hitch to hold the Rock Tamer on the receiver?


Expert Reply:

Yes, the Rock Tamers Heavy-Duty, Adjustable Mud Flap System for 2-1/2" Hitches # ERT00110 does require a 2-1/2" Ball Mount # BWBMHD30210 with at least 1" of space for the Hub # ERT057 to fit without any gussets. It will also fit with 2-1/2" adjustable ball mounts as long as you have the 1" space for the hub.

I recommend using a BOLT Trailer Hitch Receiver Lock # BL7023582 to secure the assembly in your receiver. This lock will key to your trucks ignition key so there is no need for carrying an extra key.

expert reply by:

Products Referenced in This Question

Product Page this Question was Asked From

Q & A Icon

Continue Researching

See More Q&A Expert Answers >>