Best Weight Distribution Hitch for 7500 Pound Jayco 27BH Travel Trailer
I have a 2019 Jayco Jay Feather 27 BH travel trailer. I used the blue ox hooked to my 2015 1500 Silverado. I did not like it, I had a lot of sway. My trailer weight and tongue weight was correct. The Blue ox was difficult to hook up the chain links. So, I upgraded to a 2021 Silverado 2500 HD 4WD LTZ. What do you recommend for a Weight Distribution Hitch.
asked by: Heinz
Your Jayco 27BH has a dry weight of 6015 pounds, 1485 pounds of cargo capacity, for a maximum total weight of 7500 pounds. Tongue weight should be between 750 to 1125 pounds.
I think the best weight distribution hitch for your rig is the Equal-I-Zer # EQ37120ET hitch rated for up to 1200 pounds of tongue weight and 12,000 pounds towing. It does not use chains and the 4-point sway control is very good. Additionally, set up and take down is fast and you have no limits on backing up. I use a similar Equal-I-Zer model and I would have really been unhappy if I had to stop and make changes every time I had to back up somewhere. This model includes the shank.
That new 2500HD is going to make a huge difference too!
Your answer has been submitted!
Featured Help Information
Similar Expert Q&A Pages
- Recommended Equal-I-zer Weight Distribution System for Forest River Micro Lite Trailer
- Recommended Weight Distribution Hitch for Camper With 955 Pound Tongue Weight
- Weight Distribution Hitch For a Travel Trailer With Underslung Coupler and Tongue Weight 1000-1200lb
- How To Release Tension to Remove Spring Bars of Equal-i-zer Weight Distribution System
- Should Angle Set Bolt Be Tightened for Equal-i-zer Weight Distribution System
- Weight Distribution System and Air Bags for a 2019 Ram 1500 Tradesman
- What Happens if Trailer Tongue Weight is More than WD System Tongue Weight Range
- Recommended Weight Distribution System to Control Sway on 7800 lb Travel Trailer
- Can Weight Distribution Increase Towing Capacity of Vehicle
- Lifted Truck Still Sagging with Equal-i-zer Weight Distribution System
- What Parts Can Be Used Between Two Weight Distribution Systems With Different Capacities?
- Recommended Weight Distribution Hitch For a 33' Travel Trailer with 865LBS Tongue Weight
- Comparing Equal-i-zer and Curt TruTrack Weight Distribution Systems
- Does Tongue Weight of Trailer Need to be Measured After Install of Weight Distribution
- Correct Equal-i-zer Weight Distribution Hitch for Jayco Jay Feather 24RL
- Recommended Weight Distribution with Sway Control for Toy Hauler with 1,465 lb Tongue Weight
- Best Weight Distribution for Towing Travel Trailer with 750 lb Unloaded Tongue Weight
- Correct Equal-i-zer Weight Distribution System for 2020 Rockwood Ultra Lite 2608BS
- Weight Distribution Head Pulls Away From Shank When Setting Up Equal-i-zer 12K System
- Recommended Weight Distribution System for a 7,500 lbs Travel Trailer
- Recommended Weight Distribution Hitch System for a 2010 Forest River Salem 36BHBS Travel Trailer
- Recommended Weight Distribution System for 6K and 7K Trailers Towed by GMC Denali
- Weight Distribution System that Can be Used with 10,000 lb Trailer When Loaded and Unloaded
- What Size Equal-i-zer Hitch Is Needed For a 27' Crossroads Sunset Trail With GVWR of 7,550lbs?
- Recommended Weight Distribution Hitch for Travel Trailer With 1,000 lb Tongue Weight
- Replacement Spring Bar Recommendation for Equalizer System to Lower Rating for 4,700 lb Trailer
- Does Equal-i-zer Weight Distribution System EQ37120ET Include Installed Hitch Ball
- Tight Turning Ability with Weight Distribution System Installed
- Availability Of a Drop Shank With 2-1/2" Receiver Tube For Equal-i-zer 12,000LB Weight Distribution
- Availability of Equal-i-zer Weight Distribution Compatible with 2-1/2 Inch Receiver