bing tracking image
Q & A Icon

How to Connect Surge Protector When Using 30 Amp to 50 Amp RV Adapter Power Cord


My camper is 30A. I use an adapter to plug into a 50A site. If I plug in my 50S adapter to shore power, then my 30A surge protector, then my camper 30A power cord, will that work?


Helpful Expert Reply:

You have it exactly right.

Starting at the RV you will plug in your 30A power cord like # A10-3025ED90 which will connect to the 30A surge protector, such as the Camco # CAM55312 or the multilevel # CAM55301. Then from the surge protector you will use your adapter like # A10-5030FHVP to plug into the 50 amp shore power outlet.

helpful expert reply by:
Chris R

Products Referenced in This Question

Product Page this Question was Asked From

Q & A Icon

Similar Expert Q&A Pages

See More Q&A Expert Answers >>