bing tracking image
Q & A Icon

Recommended Propane Regulator and 8 to 10 Foot Hose to Supply a Food Trailer


100 pound regulator and 8 to 10 foot pressure hose for propane. What do you recommend? It is for a food trailer. Portable tank and I am hooking up to black gas line pipe. Can you help me with this?


Expert Reply:

To supply your food trailer from your 100 pound tank you're going to need a pigtail, like part # 100473-20-MBS, that goes from the tank to a regulator. The regulator needs to be a 2-stage regulator like part # 108220.

Then from the regulator use part # 100040-144-MBS. It's 12 feet long so more than what you need but we don't have an 8 to 10 foot hose that has a 3/8 male to connect to a regulator with a 3/8 female flare on the other end. The next shortest option we carry is 6 feet long, part # 100040-72-MBS. You also want to make sure your trailer fits a 3/8 inch female flare on its hard line but it likely does.

I've linked videos on each product for you. As well as an article on common propane fittings.

expert reply by:
Charles S

Products Referenced in This Question

Product Page this Question was Asked From

Q & A Icon

Similar Expert Q&A Pages

See More Q&A Expert Answers >>