Maximum Gross Trailer Weight and Tongue Weight Rating of the Draw-Tite Trailer Hitch Part # 75751
Hello, I wanted to confirm the max Tongue weight of the Draw-Tite 75751 trailer hitch. Tongue weight stated is 675lbs for both weight carrying and weight distributions. I have checked other MFGs and they list 350 / 500 respectively. I ask this because i was looking at motorcycle carriers but i would need a weight carrying tongue capacity of ~550lbs for both motorcycle and carrier so this would not work with the 350lbs listed by other mfgs but would work with the 675lbs listed by the draw-tite. Could you please confirm this is not a miss-print?
asked by: Trevor
The Draw-Tite Max-Frame Trailer Hitch Receiver part # 75751 is Class III hitch with a 2" receiver tube opening. It has a maximum gross trailer weight (GTW) rating of 4,500 lbs and maximum tongue weight (TW) rating of 675 lbs. While using a weight distribution system with this hitch, your GTW increase from 4,500 lbs to 5,250 lbs but the tongue weight capacity remains the same.
The above figures are accurate and taken directly from Draw-Tite. However, although the hitch is rated at 4,500 lbs GTW and 675 TW, the vehcile is likely not. Almost all of our trailer hitch receivers are rated well beyond the capabilities of the vehcile. Both the vehcile and hitch will have ratings for max GTW/TW however, the lower of the two ratings will be your limiting factor.
I have attached an installation video of this hitch installed on a 2012 Ford Escape for you in addition to a photo of one of our customers hauling his motorcycle on the back of a 2006 Ford Escape.
Your answer has been submitted!
Featured Help Information
Similar Expert Q&A Pages
- Trailer Hitch Fit for 2020 Ford Escape
- Recommended Hitch for a 2009 Ford Escape Hybrid
- 2 inch Trailer Hitch Recommendation for 2012 Ford Escape
- Installation Instructions for the Draw-Tite Trailer Hitch # 75751 on a 2006 Ford Escape
- Does the Draw-Tite Hitch # 75751 fit under the Spare of a 2009 Ford Escape
- Availability of 2 Inch Hitch to Fit 2009 Ford Escape with Factory Class II Tow Package and Hitch
- How Do You Remove An OEM Hitch Receiver For A 2005 Ford Escape
- Trailer Hitch, Ball Mount, and Trailer Wiring Recommendations for a 2010 Ford Escape XLT
- Does Draw Tite Hitch 75751 Fit 2008 Ford Escape Hybrid Fit Full Size Spare
- Can a Hitch Be Installed on a 2012 Escape With a Full Size Spare Tire?
- Replacement Hardware for Reese Hitch 44680 for a 2012 Ford Escape
- Will Draw-Tite Class III Part # 75751 Fit 2010 Ford Escape With Exhaust Dampener
- Can 1-1/4 Inch Factory Hitch on 2010 Ford Escape Be Removed to Install 2 Inch Hitch
- Trailer Hitch that Fits 2010 Mercury Mariner
- Where is the Draw-Tite Hitch 75751 for a 2011 Ford Escape Made
- Trailer Hitch For 2011 Ford Escape
- Will the Draw-Tite Max-Frame Class III Trailer Hitch Fit on a 2005 Mazda Tribute S
- What is Towing Capacity of 2012 Ford Escape with Draw Tite Hitch 75751 Installed
- Will the Draw-Tite Trailer Hitch # 75751 Fit a 2012 Ford Escape XLT w/ Factory 1-1/4 Hitch
- Towing Capacity for 2008 Ford Escape with a 3.0 liter V8
- Recommended Trailer Hitch For 2012 Ford Escape
- Can Weight Distribution System Be Used With 1-1/4 Trailer Hitch Receiver On 2005 Ford Escape
- Recommended Towing Components for 2007 Ford Escape XLT
- What Does Draw Tite Hitch part # 75751 Weigh
- How to Order Replacement Installation Hardware for a Trailer Hitch
- Installing Draw-Tite Class III Receiver # 75751 on 2005 Mazda Tribute with Factory Receiver
- Does the Draw-Tite # 75751 Trailer Hitch Just Bolt Right up When Being Installed on 2008 Ford Escape
- Recommended Hitch Fit for 2009 Ford Escape Hybrid
- Trailer Hitch Recommendations for a 2011 Ford Escape with Vibration Damper on Exhaust