What Class Hitch is on 2011 Kia Sorento EX with 1-1/4 Inch Hitch and 3,500 Pound Towing Capacity
I bought my KIA 2011 Sorento from a dealer with the hitch already installed. Window Sticker says 3500 lb towing capacity. Hitch has a 1 1/4 tube instead of a 2 receiver tube. Does this mean I do not have a Class III hitch. There is no notch inside the receiver tube that prevents the hitch ball from going all the way in. The car has only a 4 prong wire connection. What do I have?????
asked by: John F
It sounds like the hitch you have on your 2011 Kia Sorento EX is a Class II 1-1/4 inch hitch with a 3,500-lb gross towing capacity. Your hitch will work with Class I and Class II accessories, such as bike racks and cargo carriers.
All of the aftermarket hitches I have for a 2011 Kia Sorento are Class III 2 Inch hitches that have a gross towing weight capacity of 3,500 lbs and a tongue weight capacity of 350 lbs.
All of the 2011 Kia Sorentos with a tow package will come with a 4-Way trailer connector. A 4-Way connector allows the basic hookup of the three lighting functions ( running, turn signals, and brakes) on a standard light duty trailer.
I am including a link to a page that will list the hitches available for your vehicle.
Your answer has been submitted!
Featured Help Information
Similar Expert Q&A Pages
- Recommended Heavy Duty Trailer Hitch for a 2010 Ford F-150 With a Factory Hitch
- Is Drilling Required to Install Draw-Tite Trailer Hitch on 2012 Hyundai Santa Fe
- Recommended Trailer Hitch and Wiring for a 2010 Hyundai Santa Fe
- Why Does Draw Tite Hitch # 75684 Have Two Different Weight Capacities Listed
- Will Rear Hatch of 2012 Kia Sorento Open With a 24 X 60 Hitch Cargo Carrier Installed and Loaded
- Trailer Hitch Recommendation for a 2011 Kia Sorento
- Can the Draw-Tite Max-Frame Trailer Hitch Receiver # 75684 Tow a 1,900 lb Boat Trailer
- Is Fascia Trimming Required to Install Draw-Tite 75684 on 2013 Kia Sorento SX
- Will the Trailer hitch for 2011 Sorento SX AWD V6 Work With Dual Exhaust
- Trailer Hitch, Ball Mount, Ball, and Trailer Wiring Recommendations for a 2011 Kia Sorento SX
- Is Draw-Tite Trailer Hitch 75684 For 2011 Kia Sorento a Class 3 or Class IV Hitch?
- What Trailer Hitches Will Fit a 2011 Kia Sorento SX
- What Size Trailer Hitch Cover is Needed for a 2010 Hyundai Santa Fe
- Troubleshooting Hard to Thread Install Bolts for a Hitch on a 2012 Kia Sorento
- Trailer Hitch Wiring, and Cargo Carrier Recommendation for 2011 Kia Sorento LX
- Solution for Draw-Tite Trailer Hitch Installation With Broken Weld Net on Kia Sorento
- Trailer Hitch, Wiring, Ball Mount, Hitch Ball and Bracket Recommendation for a 2012 Hyundai Santa Fe
- Can Trailer Tongue Weight be Changed Just by Moving Weight Around in the Trailer
- Hitch Recommendation for a 2013 Kia Sorento and a 2012 Audi A3
- Maximum Tow Capacity of 2012 Kia Sorento w/ 4 Cylinder Engine
- Trailer Hitch And Wiring For 2012 Kia Sorento SX Towing A Pop Up Camper
- Will The Draw-Tite Class III Hitch Fit 2011 KIA Sorento SX
- Hitch and Weight Distribution System Recommendation for 2010 Hyundai Santa Fe
- Recommended Hitch and Wiring Towing Setup for a 2012 Kia Sorento LX V6 Towing a Tent Trailer
- Cleaning Threaded Holes on a 2011 Kia Sorento to Install a Draw-Tite part # 75684
- Trailer Hitch Mount Bike Rack Recommendations for a 2012 Kia Sorento EX I4 GDI
- Will Draw-Tite # 75684 Fit on a 2012 Kia Sorento SX with Dual Exhaust on the Passenger Side
- Parts Needed to Equip 2011 Kia Sorento 4-Cylinder for Towing Trailer with Electric Brakes
- How Much of a Trailer Hitch Will Be Visible on a 2010 Hyundai Santa Fe
- Parts Needed to Tow with a 2012 Kia Sorento AWD V6