bing tracking image
Q & A Icon

Availability of Cooling Fan Probe Switch


Does the probe and the switch it plugs into operate normally open and then closes when temperature of the radiator gets to 180 degrees? Ive been looking for a probe-switch instead of one that threads into the cooling jacket. Also is the probe and switch only sold in the kit or can it be bought separately. I actually am just looking for a probe-switch. Thanks.


Expert Reply:

Sounds like you might be looking for the # D18738, Derale Single-Stage Thermostat Fan Control with Push-in Radiator Probe. You will need all the relay wiring harness for this unit if your fan draws more than 10 amps.

In the Derale Single-Stage Thermostat # D18738 the cooling fan is automatically activated when the fluid temperature reaches 180 degrees and then shuts off when the temperature is below 165 degrees. This unit will have a maximum capacity of 15 amps.

I have linked the above mentioned product to this page for your convenience.

click to enlarge
expert reply by:
Jackie C

Products Referenced in This Question

Product Page this Question was Asked From

Q & A Icon

Similar Expert Q&A Pages

See More Q&A Expert Answers >>